If you had told me seven years ago I would successfully make it to the grocery store with both kids, much less an actual vacation, I would have scoffed in disbelief! But hey, life and time happen, and somehow you find yourself tackling all kinds of once-thought-impossible things (as in, I now have survived our first science fair project and lived to tell about it…barely 😉 ) All this to say, I have left the house, we have left the house, and gone to some pretty neat places while picking up some smart tips for navigating family-friendly travel along the way. Read on for the scoop!
5 Unique Family Friendly Travel Ideas
- Pick a destination perfect for your family! This may sound obvious, but don’t be afraid to go with what fits you, at this exact stage and age.
- Our best family vacation to date has been Legoland. In a few years, our kids may be too old for this, but for now, it has been perfect.
- We also really enjoy day trips. We live in a great spot where
itseasy to pop over to Hersheypark, Dutch Wonderland, Dorney Park, The Crayola Experience, and so many more spots for a one-day visit!
- Super wiped from running after kiddos non-stop? Maybe exactly what you need is a break! Look into options to escape–all-inclusive resorts, destination trips (even Iceland!) and Bahamas rentals to check out are great ways to do this!
- If you are road-tripping (we did this several months ago with our trip down to Florida and it went brilliantly!), make sure to have your vehicle completely in order and ready to go. Make sure all systems are in order and checking into a motor vehicle dealer bond can be helpful!
- Plan ahead to get your finances in order! Budget in advance for a vacation and make the most of the money you have (buy gold coin online!).
- Take time to cover your bases as far as insurance and legalities. Having a law firm, like Valent Legal, in place as a helpful reference is never a bad idea!
- Prep your kids for flying. This can be tricky if its new for your kiddos! Follow these smart tips to master flying with kids and ace your trip.
Now that you have the whole scoop on some fun, unique family-friendly travel ideas, it’s time to get your trip on, friends!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Book or Treat with your Little Free Library - October 23, 2019
- 5 Reasons You’ll Love Yumble Kids Meal Delivery Service - October 7, 2019
- The Gifted School Book Club Discussion - October 4, 2019