***Thank you to Dutch Wonderland for hosting my family and sponsoring this post so I could share the 10 best things to see and do at Dutch Wonderland with you in this post!***
One of our favorite parts of summer is visiting the super family-friendly Dutch Wonderland amusement park in Lancaster, PA. It’s such a perfect place for children to play the day away. Our 2017 visit last week was fun-filled and full of special memories, and my children are already asking to return for the park’s Happy Hauntings in October! Read on to hear more about our trip, and take note of the highlights for planning your own visit–I’ve got the list of the 10 best things to see and do at Dutch Wonderland. And make sure to buy your tickets HERE, using promo code momoftheyearSBlog17 for some sweet savings!
10 best things to see and do at Dutch Wonderland:
- Wonderland Special–Riding Dutch Wonderland’s classic train throughout the park is a wonderful way to kick off your day. Make sure to share friendly waves with everyone along the way as you take in all the sights–I love how welcoming all the guests and staff at this place are!
- Duke’s Lagoon–this is Dutch Wonderland’s family-friendly water park. It is specifically designed for children, and I can’t say enough how perfect this is! There is a special toddler splash pad area for the little ones to safely explore, and then two larger play areas for the bigger kids. The entire area is well lined with comfy lounge chairs for parents to kick back on while keeping an eye on their kiddos. While sometimes my kiddos tend to get overwhelmed in other park’s water play areas, this one is perfect for my children’s age and stage. And make sure to read this smart how-to for acing a family water park trip for smooth, no-stress day!
- Pipeline Plunge–While you are hanging out in the water park, take a few trips down the slides with your kids! My kids think it’s so fun to have Mommy pair up with them on a raft and take the plunge! The slides are exciting for all ages, but not too scary or big for young ones. Bonus: rack up some Fitbit steps while climbing the stairs to the top, mama!
- Merlin’s Mayhem–the new suspended coaster opening this summer promises lots of thrills! I was so impressed with how well they have integrated it into the center of the park and can’t wait to take a spin on it with my kiddos when we next visit!
- The other roller coasters–while my daughter is still a bit too short for the Kingdom Coaster (which my son can’t get enough of!), I love that there is another coaster, Joust Family Coaster, right beside it to keep the younger ones busy and happy as well.
- Diving Show–This is Dutch Wonderland classic (I remember watching shows at the diving pool here when I was little girl!). The shows are awe-worthy with a talented team of divers and performers and do such a great job of integrating a fun story to keep the giggles flowing amidst the splashes. Speaking of splashes, go ahead and sit in the front rows–you will get soaked, but your kids will find this hysterical, and the memories are worth the wet clothes!
- Prehistoric Path–Walk the bridge over to Exploration and take a trek around this shaded trail of lifelike dinosaurs. Kids will love taking in the movement and noises of the dinosaurs while learning a bit more about the creatures along the way!
- Wonder House–There are so many fantastic rides you’ll have fun discovering, but make sure pop by this classic. This house spins around in a full 360 degree rotation–but the bench inside stays completely still. You feel as if you are spinning upside down, but really it’s the most tame ride in the park!
- Meet Royal Stars—Dutch Wonderland is such a friendly place and taking a minute to hug one of the characters walking around the park is a must-do. No need to wait in long lines, meeting up with Princess Brooke, Duke the Dragon, Merlin, and the Knight of Safety is accessible and makes for such a special picture as a souvenir of your day.
- Kingdom Celebration–We always enjoy taking in the shows at Dutch Wonderland, but we were wowed by this 5:30pm musical show full of impressive talent! What a fabulous way to polish off a full day, or pause for a change of pace before heading back into the park for an evening of more play.
Now that you have the scoop on all the must-sees and must-dos at Dutch Wonderland, go plan your own day at the Kingdom and then report back and tell me what your family loved the most! Don’t forget to buy your tickets HERE, using promo code momoftheyearSBlog17 for some sweet savings! Go get your fun on, friends!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Bioresponsive Game Your Kids’ Way to Self-Regulation - February 20, 2019
- 5 Unique Family Friendly Travel Ideas - February 15, 2019
- 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for a Gadget-Lover - February 5, 2019