Thank you to Hersheypark for sponsoring this post so I can fill you in on how to plan the perfect Hershey weekend in for your family. All opinions are 100% my own.
One of my family’s absolute favorite places to visit is Hershey, PA. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a repeat fan, Hershey, PA is full of delights for your whole family. If you’re like my family, who lives a bit of distance away, we like to make a weekend of it when we visit. And in Hershey, this is a super-easy thing to do. There is much to be found whenever you touch down on The Sweetest Place on Earth!
The Perfect Hershey Weekend
- While there are loads of lodging options to be found in Hershey, PA, we love staying on Hershey property (The Lodge, The Hotel or Hershey Campground). The entertainment options can’t be beat (how much do we love The Waterworks at Hershey Lodge?!), but moreover is the convenience factor–shuttles to and from the park, loads of on-site dining options, and special perks for staying on-property (early Hersheypark access, free admission to Hershey Gardens and the Hershey Story, and more).
- After you have lodging sorted, go on and enjoy the big attraction--Hersheypark!! Check the site calendar for hours. Hersheypark is now open many months of the year with all the varying seasons, so it’s easy to find a time to visit!
- Fill out your weekend getaway with a visit to The Hershey Story and/or Hershey Gardens (again, FREE with any on-property stay!). These attractions are super because they provide a lower-key activity for your family in between Hersheypark-going!
- Always, always round out any visit to Hersheypark with a stop to Hershey’s Chocolate World. You will park at one place for both attractions, and Chocolate World is only yards away from the Hersheypark entrance, which makes it perfect for popping in before or after your Hersheypark day! Chocolate World is also full of fun attactions–like make your own chocolate bar, a 4D theatre, a chocolate-tasting experience and more.
- Check the Giant Center calendar to see if there is show or game (we LOVE going to a Hershey Bears game!!) you would like to take in during your Hershey visit. This is again super-convenient as the Giant Center parking lot is directly adjacent to Hersheypark/Chocolate World.
- Consider going off-property. Our favorite stops are The Hershey Outlets, Troegs, and The Hershey Pantry. I am Hershey-local born and raised, and my family is still in this very immediate area, so consider these local insider recommendations.
- If you can sneak in solo time for Mom or Dad, there is a fabulous golf course and two decadent spa options–The Melt Spa and the Hotel Hershey Spa.
- The Hershey Theatre is a wonderful venue–they have fantastic shows and is literally in walking distance of other Hershey attractions. Check out their calendar to see if there is something your family would love!
- Schedule a special family dinner out at The Chocolatier! This is Hershey’s newest restaurant destination, right at the entrance to Hersheypark. Offering fantastic chocolate-themed options, this is such win for all ages! As it’s so popular, booking a reservation in advance is highly recommended.
- If you have extra time, book a ride on the Hershey Trolley Works. It’s such a family-friendly, fun way to learn more about the town and Milton Hershey’s legacy!
Still wondering how you will fill out a Hershey weekend visit? I didn’t think so! There is so very much to do at this sweet spot, and I know you and your family will have the best time whenever you visit!
Please chime in and tell me what your Hershey weekend highlights are! Here’s to enjoying Hershey, friends!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- The Benefits of Participating in Extracurricular Activities for Young Children - November 22, 2023
- Bright Young Women Book Club Discussion - November 10, 2023
- 6 Exciting Outdoor Activities for Kids - October 19, 2023