Thank you to Hershey’s Chocolate World for hosting us so I could share this scoop on Chocolate World Christmas with you! All opinions are 100% my own.
We are HUGE Hershey fans, and one of the most magical times to visit is Christmastime! And there is no year when Christmas cheer is more needed than this year. While these COVID days are tricky to sort as parents, after careful evaluation, we decided to pay an early seasonal visit to Chocolate World. It was a birthday celebration for a friend in our quarantine bubble, and we couldn’t have been more impressed by all the safety measures in place! From reservations limiting capacity to masks to firm social distancing in lines and attractions to plentiful hand sanitizer to staff monitoring, the environment was very responsibly controlled. If you’re looking for a holiday activity to enjoy with your family, I definitely recommend a Chocolate World Christmas visit.
What should you do during your Chocolate World Christmas visit?
- Go on the FREE ride. This is a free attraction that shares a behind-the-scenes look at how Hershey’s chocolate is made, so we make sure to enjoy this ride every time we visit Hershey. (Bonus: free chocolate at the end!).
- Take in the interactive 4D movie. This makes my kids laugh so much as they work with the Hershey’s characters to solve a mystery in the chocolate factory. RESERVATION NEEDED.
- Take a fun chocolate-tasting class. Your whole family will laugh and learn–while getting to sample some delicious chocolate!–at Hershey’s Unwrapped. RESERVATION NEEDED.
- Create Your Own Candy Bar. This is the best, freshest chocolate I’ve ever tasted! You choose the ingredients, design the packaging (holiday themes available) and watch it being created–and it’s yours for the enjoying immediately off the line. Get ready to swoon, friends! RESERVATION NEEDED.
- Take time to shop! Chocolate World has a fantastic, ginormous gift shop with so many cool items (including scads of candy!) that make for fabulous presents. Plus, at Christmastime, there are lots of fun seasonal items. Just make sure to leave room in your car for all of your purchases 😉
- Make sure to check out the awe-worthy Chocolate House. Employees volunteer their time to build it as a fund-raiser for the Children’s Miracle Network, and it is awe-worthy! Fun fact: this year’s square footage is 169, which is the size of some small tiny houses!
- Eat!! Chocolate World is famous for their food and treats. You’ll find delicious family-friendly meals like pizza, salads, and mac-n-cheese. And you can’t leave without enjoying a milkshake (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Hershey’s Smores, plus seasonal flavors are among the options!), smore (Double Chocolate, KitKat Mint Duo and more on the menu), over-sized cookie, cookie dough cup or other amazing baked goods! So many sweet treats to choose from!
- Take a seasonal trolley ride! TrolleyWorks runs year-round, but they offer two holiday-themed trolley rides for the Christmas season. The Holly Jolly Trolley includes caroling, stories and a visit from a special jolly, old elf. The Sweet Lights Trolley offers a tour of the incredible Sweet Lights light display in Hershey with the added fun of a playful host, carols and Hershey’s kisses. RESERVATION NEEDED.
- Decorate the World’s Largest HERSHEY’S KISSMAS Tree. Use green frosting and lots of candy treats to decorate a 1 lb. Hershey’s kiss to look like a Christmas tree!
- Hang out with Santa! Both Photos with Santa and Breakfast with Santa are available at Chocolate World. RESERVATION NEEDED FOR BREAKFAST.
All activities that require a reservation have been specified, and please note that you do need a reserved time to enter Chocolate World. Head over HERE to book your free timed entry pass before you visit.
Now that you have the whole Chocolate World Christmas scoop, go plan your visit! It’s the perfect COVID-friendly seasonal family fun and a super way to celebrate the season.
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- How to Create a Nursery that Grows with Your Baby - May 18, 2023
- Hosting a Dinner Party? Follow These Tips for an Unforgettable Event - May 16, 2023
- The Only Game in Town Book Club Discussion - May 5, 2023
This makes me so “Hershey Park HAPPY!”
Hershey is such a magical place this time of year! 🙂
Janine Huldie says
Aw, looks like such a fun way to enjoy the Christmas season!! And loved the picks of your kids looks like they were having a blast 🙂
Thanks for checking in, Janine! Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season with your girls!
Allen Myers says
Pretty sure I gained a few pounds by looking at this post. I love most chocolate but my wife is from New Zealand and is hooked on nestle because she is used to sugar instead of the corn syrup we use. The things you find out after marriage. 🙂
😉 That is so interesting! I didn’t know that about Nestle. Cool fact! Thanks for checking in, Allen 🙂