Thank you to The Hershey Hotel for sponsoring this post so I can share this scoop on the Hotel Hershey vs. Hershey Lodge in helping to sort where your family should stay on their next getaway!
Hands down, one of the coolest perks of my job is the opportunity to check out Hershey properties as part of Hershey’s Sweetest Families. My first ever gig was a ride operator in the kiddie rides at Hersheypark, and I then was a server at the Fountain Cafe (now Trevi 5!) at the Hotel Hershey. Through my years working for Hershey, I never imagined myself staying on property! What an incredible treat to visit with my own family years later! (read: swooning!)
Crushing on your own trip to Hershey? Not sure where to stay or how to make the most of your vacay? No worries, friends! We’ve got the full scoop on sorting the Hershey Hotel vs. Hershey Lodge here–read on!
Hershey Hotel vs. Hershey Lodge: Where to Stay?
- Cost: The Hotel is pricier than The Lodge
- Convenience to park: this is a non-consideration when staying on-property with Hershey (otherwise there is a hefty parking fee!), there are shuttles from the Campground, Hotel, and Lodge alike: all convenient and included!
- Water features: The Hotel Hershey has a boss outdoor slide while the Hershey Lodge has an incredible indoor waterpark. Pro tip: Stay at the Hershey Lodge in the off-season when weather is down and enjoy their fantastic indoor waterplay; leave the Hotel’s cool outdoor fun for when it shines in the summer!
- Family-friendliness: While the Hershey Lodge may seem to have more family-friendly events than the Hotel Hershey, we found said Lodge events often overcrowded. The true family-friendliness of both properties was found in their acceptance of our frolicking kiddos–what a delight as parents to feel relaxed to enjoy the fun!
- Outdoor fun: I give it up to The Hotel Hershey on this count! Their lawns are home to bocce, horseshoe, tennis, shuffleboard, croquet, and volleyball! Not to mention their corn hole and foosball courts!
- Ambiance. While both properties are exquisite, top-notch properties, I can’t say how incredible the Hotel Hershey is! With historic, exquisite decor and design, it reigns an unparalleled experience–a must-visit in this life-time, and I’m thankful to have done it
The thing is, friends, both of these properties are so top-notch, you’re hard-pressed to feel anything less than pure satisfaction, not to mention delight! But, if you’re on the unsure fence, use the handy graphic below to help you sort your plans.
Whatever is in store for your crew, you are sure to find delightful fun on the Hershey properties! Check out the Hotel Hershey vs. the Hershey Lodge and let me know how you make out, friends! Here’s to all the chocolate-sweet fun 😉
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- 9 Genius Gifts to Boost Mom’s Mental Health - November 19, 2022
- Best Tips for an Enjoyable Family Road Trip - November 16, 2022
- A Guide to Including More Protein in Your Diet: What You Need to Know - November 16, 2022