Thank you to Dancing and Life for sponsoring this post so I can fill you in on their cool program and these three ways to keep moving through all life throws our way.
Friends, isn’t this life a bit of a tricky go? We do our best, for sure, but curveballs seem to spiral out of nowhere on the regular. I feel like I should get more exercise cred for all the swerving and ducking I do to dodge them! I’ve shared before my best hard-won wisdom of knowing that life is built of seasons and that our only way through is one step in front of the other. Let me unpack this below and share more about what Dancing and Life is. Read on for the scoop!
What is Dancing and Life all about?
Meet Saje Flow, the force behind Dancing and Life
Dance and movement are important elements of Saje Flow’s life and teachings. He wants to help you to confront challenges and overcome crises by using movement and dance and improve your life in general. His easygoing, inspiring presence coupled with stories of how he has overcome crises and challenges and how others he knows have done the same will spur on your own journey.
Saje Flow’s teachings are grounded in centuries worth of wisdom on how movement and dance have been used to help us better understand each other and the world around us. You will find real techniques for breaking through your own limitations in Saje’s program…
Throughout history, dance has helped us express ourselves. It helps us celebrate; it helps ritualize. In dance, we can flow and grow. All of this is what makes dance such an important tool for facing a challenge or crisis. No actual dancing skill required!
The Dancing Through Crisis 7-Day Challenge
In the full Dancing through Crisis training program, Saje Flow takes you through whatever obstacles you have in your life and gives you simple and easy-to-use actions and tools to help you foster the strengths that are already within you. He has spent years studying spiritual and emotional practices as a student of movement and dance.
3 Ways to Keep Moving Through All Life Throws Our Way
- One of my biggest life lessons is that everything is for a time and season. Knowing this frees you to accept things for what they currently are…which then allows you to embrace the next bit. When my kids were little, endless diapers and cuddly naps were the entirety of my being. Then I shifted into the elementary world heavily clad in-class parties, the Turkey Trot, and lots and lots of sweet Berenstain Bear books. Currently, life is sort of in this bizarre, desperately cloudy pause of online learning and fabulous tweenism. Everything holds its own time and place, and everything, for good or bad, passes. We move on, we grow, and it’s okay.
- As for how to tackle that next bit…one step in front of the other. Honestly, looking at the bigger picture swallows me. There are so many days I wake up, look at my to-do list, and choke. My only recourse is to take a deep breath and mantra “one step in front of the other.” I cannot do all the things by far, and never at the same time, but…I can do one thing. And after that? I can usually do another one thing.
- Have hope. Believe. Know there is a future. It won’t be what things are now, but they could be far better! This optimistic tether is what pulls us on to our next days. It’s what quickens our steps and keeps them flowing. It’s belief, it’s hope, and it’s a really, really good thing to embrace, friends.
Truths to Keep Moving
So by accepting where we are and recognizing it’s temporal nature, we can accept it’s a stage…a stage we’ll move past. And by knowing the only way we may move is one small step at a time, we can keep moving by taking heart and hope in what is to come. The formula to keep moving isn’t hard: accept our current place, take a small step, and be motivated to keep on stepping.
And Dancing and Life‘s philosophy can only encourage us to keep moving–it’s all about movement! Take a minute to check it out, friends, and stay tuned over the next month as I explore and grow in this program more!
Update #1 (Day 4):
Today’s social media inspiration was about meaningfully reaching your goals: “I love it when I see people really achieve their intentions. The secret to creating resolutions that will last is creating plans with intention. You succeed when your plans are aligned with your big-picture goals. Tell us what your goals are for the year, and how they align with your resolutions. How do you plan to put your intention for this year into action? #dancingthroughcrisis https://dancingandlife.com?afmc=1r“
For me, so much of my goal pursuit is about energy. January is a tough month for me to find motivation, but I have been really focusing on movement (walking with a friend today!) and dancing. Dancing is my preferred exercise, so Dancing and Life is truly a great fit for me! I try to do an intense cardio dance workout almost every day. Monday night I was feeling sluggish, so I grabbed my daughter and we did Just Dance for about 45 min. It was a fantastic way to get my energy back!
When I can stay energized, it’s far easier for me to stay positive and be motivated to tackle my goals. Keep moving, friends!
Update #2 (Day 7):
I am REALLY starting to feel the January drag and battle low energy. I’m doing my best to keep moving and get exercise in, but it’s tough. I think I am going to refocus on movement I truly enjoy and that feels good. When it’s something I really love, it’s a lot easier to motivate myself to do it.
And I am continually realizing the more I move, the more energy I have to move. Slugging down isn’t helpful for my mind or body! #dancingthroughcrisis https://dancingandlife.com?afmc=1r
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- 3 Ways to Keep Moving Through All Life Throws Our Way - January 11, 2021
- A Princess for Christmas Book Club Discussion - January 8, 2021
- Does Noom Actually Work?: This Busy Mom Gave It a Go - January 5, 2021