***Thank you to JBF Reading for sponsoring this post so I could fill you in on the most genius consignment sale hack you’ll ever find!***
Hey, hey! Consignment sale season is just around the corner! While I’m sad to see summer make its exit, I’m giddy about the deals and steals coming our way. We’ve shared lots and lots of tips, tricks and hacks for smart consignment sale shopping AND selling here before, and I’m tickled to kick off this new season, just in time for my favorite sale, the JBF Reading Sale, with this super-genius consignment sale hack. It’s seriously a game-changer, friends! Read on for the scoop.
Most Genius Consignment Sale Hack You’ll Ever Find
The extra cool bit about this consignment sale hack is that it’s SO DARN EASY. Also? It works like a charm. Are you ready for it?
- Go to your kid’s closet and grab an outfit that fits them super-super well. You know, the one they wear all the time and love.
- Attach a paper to each clothing item that reads “This item is owned by shopper and was brought along for size comparison while shopping”. Make your own or use the one below (print a double tag page HERE). I like to use safety pins to make sure the sign is securely attached.
- Toss the outfit in a ziplock bag inside your shopping bag (to keep separate from your purchases) and head off to the sale!
- At the sale, when you are casing out clothing for your child, use this outfit as a comparison to check the fit of potential purchases.
Why does this hack work so well?
- Sizes vary wildly by brand, so “Size 6” is just a ballpark. I have been frustrated many times when I bought a clothing article to find it didn’t fit my child after I brought it home!
- Measurements are super but can be time-consuming. This hack allows you to quickly line up potential purchases to check fit.
- If you want to purchase clothing for your kiddo to grow into, just make sure the clothes you are buying are bigger than the ones you take along.
Can I use this hack for shoes?
Yes, but with a modification! Since the footprint of a shoe can vary significantly by type of footwear (boots and slippers leave much larger prints than cleats or sandals, for example), you can’t judge a shoe fit by how it looks on the outside, you have to check how a foot fits inside the shoe. This is tricky when you don’t have your kids with you, so use this hack:
- Grab a sheet of foam paper or super-heavy card stock, trace your child’s foot on it, and cut it out!
- Use this foam cut-out to check fit of shoes by slipping it in and out of shoes at the sale!
I prefer foam as it’s more flexible to put in and take out of shoes. And don’t forget that they sell larger girls’ sizes as well–which are often the exact same as the sizes you wear, mama! If you want to save yourself taking shoes on and off at the sale, go ahead and make a tracing of your own feet!
Now that you have the scoop on the most genius consignment sale hack of all time, go ahead and put it to smart use at the coolest sale around!
When: September 6-9
Presale: September 5. Consignors, team members, and special guests like first-time parents/grandparents, and teachers can get in free, but MUST REGISTER AHEAD OF TIME because only a limited number of shoppers are admitted to the presale.
Prime Time passes for September 5: Available to everyone HERE for $10, entry at 2pm.
Opening Day: September 6, with $3 admission charge (admission free all other days!). Shoppers can have that fee waived by registering for a pass HERE or grabbing it below!
And check out this video from last year to sneak an upclose link at how incredible (and incredibly HUGE) this sale is!
Now go get your shopping on, friends! And make sure to print out this super-helpful shopping planning sheet to organize your trip and make sure it’s a success. Time to grab the smart savings!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Book or Treat with your Little Free Library - October 23, 2019
- 5 Reasons You’ll Love Yumble Kids Meal Delivery Service - October 7, 2019
- The Gifted School Book Club Discussion - October 4, 2019