***Thank you to Beautycounter Consultant Jackie McGeehan for sponsoring this post so I could fill you in on these genius summer skincare hacks!***
Summer is coming!! Hey, hey! Not that I wasn’t super-into that prolonged, horrible winter we had, but…sunshine sounds really sweet right now. And while I’m madly tackling the special “fun” of May and details for our upcoming vacay, there is one other teensy bit I must sort as warm weather approaches–my family’s skincare. What’s that? Yup, skincare. While typically, winter gets top billing for skincare concerns with its harsh, drying effect, the hot months bring their own unique concerns. But stay cool, friends, we’ve got genius fixes! After discovering last year how great Beautycounter’s products are for summer skincare concerns, I asked Skincare Consultant Jackie McGeehan to share her best tips for caring for all of your family’s skin concerns as the weather heats up. Check out these hacks and get ready to beat the heat!
5 Genius Summer Skincare Hacks to Beat the Heat
- Sunburn/exposure to UV rays. Obviously, #1 on any mama’s list of summer skincare concerns is protecting her family’s skin from sun damage. When you spend so many hours outside, it is important to make sure you are smartly covering up with a quality, effective product, and I can’t say enough about Beautycounter’s Sun Protection products. I was thrilled by their face stick and body stick last year–SO easy to apply to kids and toss in your bag. Not only is it residue-free, it is mess-free, it doesn’t run, melt or leak. I’m eager to check out their new Countersun Mineral Sun Protection line too–just released this week and very smart as it is designed to tackle BlueRay light. All of these products, of course, meet Beautycounter’s high-quality standards and are compliant with the stringent The Never List™, a list of more than 1,500 questionable or harmful chemicals that the company vows to never use as ingredients in any products. The real-life test: my HIGHLY sensitive SPD son begs me to use these sticks and ONLY these sticks. He can’t tolerate the greasy-feeling lotions or powerful odors of so many skincare products. If something runs into his eyes? Forget it, game over. We have now solidly switched over to Beautycounter Sun Protection and won’t be looking back!
- Cracked Heels. Going barefoot or rocking cute sandals all summer is so freeing, but can also land you with painful cracked heels. And lathering up with lotion and socks before bed night after night isn’t a match for this hot weather. My all-time favorite Beautycounter product is the super-popular Cleansing Balm. This singular product can do SO MUCH! It is a true rockstar. See graphic below for some of the many uses, and as for those cracked heels? Put some on those tootsies and cover with socks. Cracks nearly gone after just one treatment! Continue for completely soft heels.
- Frequent washing. I most used the Cleansing Balm last summer as a 4-in-1 make-up remover, cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. This was super convenient when I was hopping in the shower mid-day after time at the beach or pool. In one step, I could give my face quality skincare attention before hopping off to our next summertime activity. As it didn’t overly moisturize or dry my face, it was perfect, and easily repeated at bedtime. Clean, happy facial skin despite all of summer’s busyness is a definite win! And still need to moisturize? I know, me too…I LOVE Beautycounter’s Countermatch line, as it’s specifically designed to meet YOUR needs. And your needs can change by season–mine definitely do! In winter, my dry skin craves moisture; in summer, it wants nothing to do with added moisturizing.
- Poison Ivy. This is another Beautycounter Cleansing Balm win. Jackie recently treated her child for poison ivy with this and as she describes, “I can’t believe how much it reduced the inflammation and redness [on a huge patch of poison ivy]. After 3 applications you can barely see it!”. When you and your family are out and about playing, hiking and exploring summer, having Cleansing Balm on hand as a remedy is a smart move, mama!
- Humidity. As much as we crave sunny days, we all-too-well know the stickiness that comes along with them! Do your face a favor with the Charcoal Cleansing Bar and sweep away all that dirt and sweaty grossness in one fell swoop. As for your hair? Beautycounter offers a full range of smart haircare. As a naturally curly gal who rocks the wash and go approach to (non)styling, I LOVE Beautycounter’s Smooth and Control line for summer’s humidity. The Hair Oil is genius for keeping frizz at bay! As for makeup? Start with the genius Dew Skin base; Dew Skin Moisturizing Coverage is a multi-tasker with SPF, hydration, and a light base coverage. Foundation is heavy and has no place in the heat, but Dew Skin is a perfect solution to keep you looking polished without weighing down your skin. Humidity has met its match with these fixes!
Now that you have the scoop, mamas, it’s time to grab the goods you need to hack your summer skincare the smart way! Follow along with Jackie’s Facebook group for updates and more information.
And make sure to enter the giveaway below** for a chance to score a tube of sunscreen and a face stick to help you gear up for the heat. Summer can take a toll on our skin in more than one way, but with these smart hacks, we’ve got it well in hand, friends!
** To enter to win a full-sized sunscreen tube and face stick, leave a comment below before 5/30/18 at 5:30am EST telling us which Beautycounter product you would most love to try! As long as you live in the Continental US and are 18 or older, you are eligible to win!
Also, for all orders over $150 through 5/29/18, Jackie is giving away a cool freebie–a full-sized sunscreen face stick! Sweet!
So arm yourself up for summer and get your shopping on, mama! The toasty temps are here!!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Home Renovations for Beginners: What You Should and Shouldn’t Do - September 23, 2021
- The Light of Luna Park Book Club Discussion - September 10, 2021
- Lighten Up this Fall with a Living Room Refresh - September 7, 2021