***Thank you to many of the brands featured in this Mom of the Year Christmas Gift Guide for sending me product for review and consideration. All opinions are 100% my own.***
What’s this? The holidays are already here?? Alright, deep breaths, mama–we’ve got this. My junk drawer might be in atrocious form and I’m wholly unprepared for my high school reunion, but I’m pretty aces at Christmas shopping. The two tricks I’ve mastered: be organized about your shopping and buy the right things. How do you know what the right things are? That’s where this handy dandy Mom of the Year Christmas Gift Guide comes in.
In my book, a gift is super if it’s both slightly creative and available at a reasonable price. After spending scads of time combing through potential gift ideas on the market, I’ve wrapped up the best and brightest into one tidy little guide and am sharing the list here with you. You’ll find the ideas organized by category: for kids, for book-lovers, for moms, and for the home. And then make sure to pay special attention at the end of this post: some items from each category are included in one super-duper giveaway! Enter and start crossing items off your list before you even brave the crowds to start your shopping.
The Mom of the Year Christmas Gift Guide?
Gifts for Kids:
- Subscription boxes are all the rage, so it can be hard to sift out which ones are truly a win. When my kids met up with their Superpower Academy boxes, we were wowed! These at-home kits deliver hands-on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) projects that encourage a growth mindset and social and emotional learning right to your door. The box of reading and maker activities is such a cool way to support the concepts promoted at my kids’ school. A letter/magazine is also sent to parents to help explain the purpose and use of the boxes! Learn more at the website and make sure to enter the giveaway below because one of these boxes is included in it!
- Lottie Dolls are such a neat gift your doll-lover! Far more than just a typical doll brand, Lottie is “Inspired by Real Kids” with the aim to represent all children regardless of gender, ethnicity or ability. It’s range of dolls aim to empower children to be themselves, to be imaginative and adventurous, and above all, to have fun! They have a full line of STEAM dolls to geared to encourage development of these skills, and buildings and playsets are also now available for even more imaginative play! Wildlife Photographer Mia doll, Forest Friend doll, and the Bee Yourself clothing set is available in the giveaway below!
- Edushape offers hands-down the BEST gifts you can give the little ones on your list. Their products are so mindfully crafted with purpose and intent to allow your baby or toddler have loads of fun while developing important life skills and/or early STEAM skills. The Water Cube engages hand, eyes, and mind in water and science fun, while the Curiosity Cubes encourage hand-eye coordination while children try to get the beads to where they belong in the four cubes of different skill levels. To help young ones build emotional awareness, the Feelings Friend is genius. This plush toy introduces facial vocabulary to encourage children to easily express their feelings while allowing others to understand how they feel, and works develop socialization, fine motor skills, logic and reasoning and tactile and sensory development. What a brilliant line of products to help your little ones grow!
- Portable North Pole! PNP is a classic in our home and getting ready for Christmas wouldn’t be as much fun without it! Gift the Santa fan on your list with personalized video messages and calls from the North Pole! You can even download a HD version of your video to keep for years to come, and there are special toys and gifts available on the site to celebrate the season even more!
Use this DISCOUNT CODE to save money on your PNP purchase!: PNP7BLG20
Please use this link to redeem the 20% off on your Video Pass :
Please use this link to redeem the 20% off on your Magic Pass :
- Anyone else have a kiddo who loves to build and construct? These new Snaptite “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” kits are perfect for my Stars Wars-crazed little dude who loves to put models together! The hardest part? Choosing which model to get for him! With a toy that is both challenging AND fun, I might just have to get all of them!
- Have a very little one on your list? Give them the sweetest ride ever in the Huggs Baby carrier from Abiie! I remember struggling so much to find a carrier that was truly comfortable for my babies AND me, and I wish I would have had this! Huggs Contour is an innovative baby carrier built for versatility. Its revolutionary carrier booster seat not only provides all-day comfort, the ergonomic design ensures a healthy sitting position (frog-leg or M-position) for a growing baby. Huggs Contour is lightweight, yet rugged, and has been designed to deliver the very best ergonomics in every carrying mode, for both the parent and child–genius!
- Who has a little fashionista on your hands? I remember those carefree days when my daughter was younger and I actually got to pick out her clothes. No more! Now my gal has to select everything herself–from dresses to jammies to play gear. I’m glad we found Jill Yoga, a fab brand of quality activewear that meets both her style requirements AND my price point–it’s a win-win, so I’m happy to let her choose clothes from their wide, colorful selection for her wardrobe as she grows!
- My kids LOVE building with magnetic pieces, and the new MagnaflexTM creative construction kits have been such a find! This brand inspires kids of all ages to flex their imagination and build anything they can imagine. Colorful kits include magnetic strips, connector pieces and an easy-to-follow instruction guide with project ideas including animals, vehicles, wearable accessories and more. Magnaflex unique shape and material allow kids to easily bend, zip, connect, or stack the magnetic strips together, and decorate with metal connector pieces that also add structure. This is a super gift for any child on your list!
- Teletubbies! I am old enough to remember when these loveable creatures first touched down and delighted my younger sister. Fun to see these cuddly creatures return 20 years (20 years!!) later with the new releases: Teletubbies: Silly Fun and Teletubbies: Let’s Sing & Dance! Shop for the little fun-lover on your list and make sure to enter below: a copy of each of these new DVDs–with a special stuffed doll!–are up for grabs below.
Gifts for Book Lovers:
- There’s a reason Bookroo was voted “2107 Best Subscription Services” by Parents! What a cool way to keep the love of reading alive for your kiddos! Bookroo is monthly children’s book subscription that includes two hardcover picture books or three board books, individually gift-wrapped. Super affordable and thoughtful, it makes a fantastic gift to give the child your list!
- I have LOVED working with Zondervan over the past year to promote their children’s line, and I’m so impressed with their children’s books. From beautiful devotionals geared towards teens to Bibles to “I Can Read” books to picture books and coloring books for the youngest ones, they offer gorgeous ways to encourage a child’s faith while keeping their interest and bringing the fun. My kiddos are especially taken with the Berenstain Bears books–our favorite! Check out their full line, especially their new Christmas titles and get ready to bless a little one in your life!
- Speaking of super book brands, National Geographic has the coolest line of books for kids. They offer activity books, DVDs, gift sets, and so much more, but my son is absolutely taken with their fact and trivia books! He loves reading and sharing what he learns with us. It’s a fun way for all of us to learn more about our world. Check out their line and find the perfect book to appeal to your kiddo’s interests.
- I love the craft and coloring books from Dover! They always have such a cool selection, and their latest Christmas books, The Saturday Evening Post Christmas Classics, Cut & Assemble Santa’s Workshop, and Bliss Christmas Coloring Book are such a fun way to celebrate the season. I just can’t decide whether to keep them for myself or if I’m willing to give them away as a gift! Good news, you will have the same choice to make because a full set of these books is up for grabs in the giveaway below!
- We love The Peppermints books by Nikki Maloney! They are especially fun for us as we have visited some of the places the family goes in the books, but the characters are sweet, fun and relatable for all readers! Get to know the Peppermints as they invite you on their many adventures and embrace the many lessons there are to learn in life. And good news! Maloney is giving away signed copies of her two most recent books, The Peppermints: A Trip to the Zoo and The Peppermints: Big Sur in the giveaway below!
Gifts for someone who loves to hang at home:
- As a chronic insomniac, I’m a goner for my new weighted blanket from Weighted Blanket Plus! After hearing how helpful a weighted blanket is in promoting healthy sleep, I was anxious to give one a try and spent time researching brands and companies. I can’t say how customer-friendly Weighted Blanket Plus is! They personally worked with me to create a blanket of the perfect weight, size and fill, as well as allowing me to customize the fabric and pattern I wanted. They have sizes, weights, and patterns for kids too, and weighted blankets are soothing to those with sensory issues. I LOVE my blanket, and can’t recommend the purchase of one if you or someone on your list struggles with sleep problems. Give the gift of rest this holiday season!
- Speaking of sleep, Protect-a-Bed has a whole line of smart products to help you and your guests get rest over the holiday season, including memory foam mattresses, pillow cases, waterproof mattress covers, and sheets. Check out their whole line at their site and figure out what you need for your own home or for the person on your list who likes to host! My son and I are currently battling over who gets to keep the Snow Cooling Pillow we have. As a cold sleeper, I never thought I would enjoy this product, but I am wowed by how refreshing and soothing it is to rest your head on something gently cool during the night! This is a purchase you want to grab, friends!
- Another super gift for the hostess is a set of gorgeous towels, like these high-quality Micro Cotton Towels from Macy’s. No better way to make someone feel welcome than laying out a fluffy matching towel set and any hostess will appreciate having another set. I am currently hiding mine from my family in between guest visits, but I love how soft and fluffy these towels are. Grab a set for your own home while you’re gift shopping!
- Friends, you must check out LightBoxArts! When our box arrived, I was so wowed by how classy it looked and how pretty it was, I immediately cased out their whole inventory so I could have art for all the seasons. Light Box Arts is a sturdy MDF LED back-lit cube with the ability to insert and change out artwork to fit every decor. Changing out the art is super easy and they have a huge selection. This is such a fun and creative gift to give and make sure to enter the giveaway below–one box with art is up for grabs!
- Have a mixologist on your list? Check out this sweet little gift set from Khortytsa Vodka. So many fun cocktails you can make with the Honey Pepper Hot vodka and the Platinum version of this quality liquor is a classic. Giving someone the gift of a tasty drink during this hectic and festive time of the year is always appreciated!
- I look forward to choosing a calendar every year, and I am so tickled by the 2018 Hear the World Calendar. As someone who has hearing loss herself, I love this idea for the perfect meaningful gift for anyone who appreciates beautiful photography and wants to support disadvantaged children with hearing loss. Celebrities have teamed up to raise global awareness of the importance of good hearing and hearing loss, with 100 percent of proceeds benefiting the Hear the World Foundation, a non-profit that aids disadvantaged people, particularly children, with hearing loss. Learn more about the effort and purchase your calendar HERE. There are also THREE up for grabs in the giveaway below!
- How about a little treat for the Christmas music lover? These new CDs from Sony Music Masterworks, The Piano Guys: Christmas Together and Jackie Evancho: Someday at Christmas, are both such beautiful ways to get into the spirit this season. In my book, you can never have too much Christmas music, and we always appreciate having a new album to add to our collection! Make sure to enter the giveaway below for a copy of BOTH of these CDs!
- One of my favorite brands to gift is Bright Endeavors, a social enterprise that lights the path out of poverty for adolescent moms in Chicago through a paid job-training program crafting soy wax candles. Handcrafted and signed by participants on a path towards professional success, Bright Endeavors candles come in three sizes, signature glass ($24.99), retreat tin ($12.99), and spa tin ($7.99) and are available in seasonal scents such as Almond Berry Galette, a confectionary blend of roasted nutmeg and almond with notes of almond berry and sweet cream–all the indulgence, none of the calories. A full collection of the Almond Berry Galette candles is up for grabs in the giveaway below!
Gifts for Mom: (won’t lie, this is my absolute favorite gift category and I give you full permission to buy and keep all of these things for yourself without any hesitation 😉 )
- I would be absolutely lost without my Personal Planner. I have raved about this brand before and I’m still a sold-out fan. I love how Personal Planner incorporates such gorgeous style and creative options while allowing you to fully personalize each and every single page to your own needs and preferences. Take a minute to check out their fun accessories too–I splurged this year and snagged one of the gorgeous seafoam (my favorite color!) leather planner covers and I couldn’t be more excited! Pop over and create your own (it takes only minutes!) or purchase a gift card for a friend and be her new favorite friend! Bonuses: a free planner is up for grabs in the giveaway below AND make sure to use promo code M-ERED-ITHS valid for 15% off until 12/10/17! Score!
- What a find in Sweetflexx! Any mamas desperate to keep fit but finding little to no time for exercise, especially come this busy holiday season? Check out this genius: Sweetflexx invented a new concept in clothing by integrating resistance bands into leggings. This innovation provides a mild resistance to every step or movement, which creates a comfortable and fashionable way for busy women to burn extra calories and tone their legs while going about their day. This isn’t just a concept either, Sweetflexx has been tested and proven by Yale University! These leggings allow women to look and feel better, without having to constantly go to the gym. Anyone else wildly waving their hands, “Sign me up! Sign me up!”? Sign me up for this brilliance, indeed!
- Any other mama find herself in need of a backpack for herself? I’m not sure when exactly this need took root–somewhere in betwixt diaper bags, preschool minipacks and our current elementary school backpacks designed to heft a weighty ton of library books and homework, but on those rare days we can escape to the zoo or an amusement park, I’m not keen to sport a Shopkins pack for the day. I found myself seeking something sturdy, large and with pockets aplenty for all the accouterments of a day out with kiddos. Enter Sydney Paige. While Sydney Paige does have packs aplenty for kiddos, they also have some cool designs for the mamas, and I am loving the backpack they sent. Even cooler? For every product sold, this brand donates another to a student in need, right here in the U.S. Now that is awesome! Snag a backpack for yourself or your friend on the move–a total win, I promise!
- What mama wouldn’t appreciate a sweet little jewelry treat to help her feel just a little bit fancy? I am so tickled by the KIS line at Boscov’s. So many lovely items at such fantastic prices–it’s easy to find something that’s a win for all the ladies on your list. KIS offers feel-good jewelry that inspires and motivates you. Check out their selection and cross off the gals on your list with ease!
- I’m closing this Mom of the Year Christmas Gift Guide out with one of my favorite all-time brands, Elisabethan! If you’ve been following along with me for any amount of time, you know how very much I adore the eco-friendly mindful efforts of this clothing line, which works to not only protect the earth but provide meaningful jobs for women in the process. Their new cashmere accessories and baby booties are so sweet, and don’t forget how much this company loves doing custom orders with your personal, special t-shirts, etc. (I would die to have them make something with my old band tees–my heart!). Also, you can always request custom sizing! Elisabethan is the most personable brand I’ve ever met up with–they want to work with you. Don’t be shy about asking for what you need!
- I’m also loving these marble phone cases from Velvet Caviar! They are so pretty and unique, and there is such a wide selection!
What’s a mama to do with all this crazy holiday business? Take heart and game plan like a beast! We can do this, friends! Use this handy dandy Mom of the Year Christmas Gift Guide to sort your shopping the smart way, and make sure to enter below to snag some of these fantastic gifts for free! Time to tackle the chaos smartly!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Bioresponsive Game Your Kids’ Way to Self-Regulation - February 20, 2019
- 5 Unique Family Friendly Travel Ideas - February 15, 2019
- 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for a Gadget-Lover - February 5, 2019