***This post about fabulous back to school finds not sponsored, but I do earn a small affiliate fee when you shop through the Amazon links–thanks for helping to support my blogging gig, friends!***
It’s no secret, friends. I love my online shopping and I love my deals and steals. So it makes sense that Amazon Prime is a special favorite. With a simple click I can cue up whatever I’m crushing on and snag a sweet score on it. Let me rephrase: I LOVE AMAZON. When school sent out the classroom supply lists for my kiddos this year, rather than acting the panicked fool and doing all of our back to school shopping in-store this year, I cozied up with my go-to site and found some incredible deals. Time to get your Amazon back to school shopping on, friend!
15 Amazon Back to School Finds
- Hand-sanitzer keychains. What mama out there doesn’t know how much our kiddos love to load up their backpacks with keychains? Why not toss a keychain with a purpose on their pack? Give those germs a run for their money!
- A QUALITY backpack. I have wasted too much of our budget on the cute Spiderman and My Little Pony packs. They are so cute! They also fall apart. Mid-year last year, I hooked my kiddos up with some Under Armour backpacks and I’ve never looked back. They don’t rip, they don’t tear, they don’t fray…score!
- Functional lunch boxes. While I always look forward to my annual pitching of lunch bags when the school year is over (they get so gross!), it is important to have a kit that can stand up to hard use while holding endless sandwiches, juice boxes and the ice packs throughout the year.
- Ice packs that actually fit in lunch boxes. Yup, they exist. And they work. Buy them!
- Goldfish crackers. Since Goldfish crackers are a staple in our family, why not save a bundle on the lunch packs we burn through on a daily basis and order them in bulk?
- Water bottles built to last. I can’t say how much our water bottles end up being tossed around and dropped, nor how much chewing the valves have endured. While it’s tempting to save by purchasing a cheaper brand, it’s worth it to invest in quality so you needn’t replace water bottles constantly.
- Smart food packing containers. Food containers have a rough life. Hard use and lids prone to getting lost (or melted on the stove, or chewed by the dogs…) You best hope? Treat yourself to a new set every few years and enjoy all the matching lids/containers while they last. It’s the sweet stuff of life, friends!
- Durable notebooks. A friend who also had a son given to messiness and disorganization shared this tip. Rather than cringe over torn notebook covers and find yourself constantly replacing them, buy quality plastic notebooks on the outset–and don’t look back.
- Plastic folders. Similarly to the notebook situation above. Buy quality now, thank yourself later.
- Bulk-buy No. 2 Pencils. What you don’t burn through now, will be at the ready for next year. I’ve never seen a class list that didn’t call for this back to school staple.
- Chewy Pencil Toppers. With our sensory issues, I start off every school year with a fresh set of these gems. I can’t say how helpful they are if you have a kiddo prone to chewing.
- Socks!! Maybe I’m the only one at war with her sock-eating washer, but I’ve found you can’t go wrong by stocking up on a few extra pairs before the school year begins. Toss the old fraying pairs from your kiddos’ drawers and start fresh.
- Headphones. Headphones. Headphones. We seem to burn through multiple pairs per year, per child. While I’m busy setting up a separate budget category exclusively for headphones, take a minute to snag a truly quality pair now so you needn’t constantly replace them throughout the school year.
- Raincoat. So, how many rainy days have we mamas debated “bus stop or drive them to school”? If you grab raincoats for your kids now, it’ll be a lot easier to to run to that bus stop whatever the weather!
- Laptop. Kids need computers for their day-to-day school work, but you don’t have to spend a ton. Find an affordable option that meets their needs and you won’t have to fight with them over sharing yours!
Now that you have the skinny on all the super deals and goods for back to school finds you’ll score at Amazon, it’s time to get shopping! Not that dragging your kiddos out to stores isn’t super fun, but…cue up the Amazon, friends!