***This post was sponsored by Heluva Good! Cheese® as part of an Influence Central campaign so I could share my grilled tomatoes recipe with you, and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.***
When late summer hits, we are up to our ears with fresh, juicy tomatoes from our garden–yum! While we delight in this delicious treat, we find ourselves with a bevy of extra fruits–and seeking smart ideas for using them. Homemade tomato sauce is a super use of our crop, but I also try to find creative ways to serve them fresh to my family. Since we almost daily grill food for dinner, I began experimenting with grilled tomato dishes. I hit the jackpot when I came up with this recipe that pairs up my family’s love of cheese with our tomato crop. And when I used Heluva Good! Jalepeno Jack block cheese in the recipe, the result was amazing! Read on below for the how-to for this simple grilled side dish recipe and get the scoop on why Heluva Good! is such an ideal choice for whatever you’re serving this summer!
Grilled Tomatoes Recipe:
- 8 fresh plum tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. Heluva Good! Jalepeno Jack cheese
- Garlic salt to taste
- Fresh basil
Slice tomatoes in half, long-wise. Grate cheese. Generously sprinkle cheese on top of tomatoes. Shake garlic salt on cheese-topped tomatoes. Place tomato-side down on medium-heat grill just until cheese melts. Remove from grill and place on plate. Top with chopped fresh basil and serve!
Why Heluva Good! cheese is such a super choice for this Grilled Tomatoes Recipe and more:
- Heluva Good! comes in a ton of flavors, from Jalepeno Jack to Mild Cheddar to Muenster to Colby to loads more, your taste preference is available!
- You can purchase it as solid cheese, shredded cheese or cheese spread–buy according to your needs.
- Heluva Good! is healthy! Gluten Free, made with milk, 0 grams trans fat per serving, a good source of protein, and full of calcium, it’s a smart choice for recipes or snacks.
- It maintains its integrity in whatever form you choose to use/serve it. A long-time fan of saving on our food-budget, I have purchased many a block of cheese to shred at home since this is often cheaper than buying pre-shredded cheese. So often, if the cheese isn’t up to snuff, it tends to disintegrate vs. shred, and I was so please to find Heluva Good! shreds smoothly. The blocks of cheese I purchased for my grilled tomatoes recipe shredded well, sans any difficulty or problems. The cheese also melted nicely, without getting runny throughout the grilling process!
- Heluva Good! is not only quality, it’s delicious! I was really impressed by the flavorful punch of the cheese. I have too often purchased a cheese to find it bland and unable to add anything to my cooking.
- Heluva Good!’s versatility makes it perfect for so many occasions. Even after summer months pass, I plan on use it for the frequent grilled cheese sandwiches I make. I have also started cubing some of the block cheese and stashing it in portion-sized snack bags for my kids to grab as a healthy snack throughout our day (this is perfect for on-the-go as well!). Heluva Good!’s flavorful options will work so well for our entertaining–meet the new, impressive cheese and cracker tray, friends!
Where can you buy Heluva Good!?
- It is available in the dairy aisle of your neighborhood supermarkets in New York (New York, Syracuse, Buffalo/Rochester, Albany), Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh, Harrisburg/Scranton, Philadelphia), Connecticut (Hartford), Massachusetts (Springfield, Boston), Ohio (Cleveland, Columbus), Rhode Island (Providence), Florida (Tampa/St. Petersburg, Orlando), Virginia (Roanoke), Maryland (Baltimore), Washington D.C.
- If you want to be a super-smart shopper, grab it on your next Walmart run! Using Ibotta, you can snag a sweet offer on your Heluva Good! Cheese purchase! While this offer has no expiration date, go ahead and make tracks to grab it, since limited quantities are available until all of the rebates have been used.
Now that you have the scoop on this fantastic brand and a great grilled tomatoes recipe, it’s time to fire up that grill, friends! Go give those burgers a run for their money with a side dish that will wow!