Thank you so much to Silver Birches for hosting my family so I could fill you in on these 10 family outdoor adventures awaiting you at their resort!
Hawley, PA is a very cool place. My husband and I visited a couple of years ago (sans the kids! wa-hoo!) and stayed at the gorgeous Settler’s Inn. We discovered the unique town, rich with history, outdoor escapism, and sweet boutique shops…and quickly fell in love. Directly across the street from The Settler’s Inn, there is an INCREDIBLE playground and park, and I remember saying to my husband, “We should bring the kids here someday…”. Cue to finding ourselves with the opportunity to visit Silver Birches Resort, one of the Settler’s Inn sister properties, and we jumped at the chance!
During these days of online learning, there are many things that are challenging, but my favorite part is the ability for us to take the school show on the road, so…off we went to Silver Birches Resort last week. While we worked hard to have our kids keep up with their studies, we figured in lots of time for all of us to enjoy the spoils of this gorgeous resort and all it had to offer.
The accommodations were incredible (see pics below!), and we so enjoyed staying in a private cottage which gave our family the room we needed to relax, study, and play. While we delighted our personal space, what truly made the trip for us was all of the fun adventures we enjoyed as a family! The best part? All of these adventures are included with your stay at Silver Birches–no additional cost!
10 Family Outdoor Adventures Awaiting at Silver Birches Resort
- Canoeing. This was both of my kids’ first time canoeing and THEY LOVED IT! What a cool moment to see them give something a go and embrace it so much!
- Fishing. Silver Birches Resort is directly alongside Lake Wallenpaupack, and there is a dock perfect for fishing. Both of my children enjoyed lake fishing with their dad.
- Yard games. At Silver Birches Resort, you’ll find corn hole, Jumbo Jenga, and a giant Connect 4 right beside the lake.
- Hiking. There are trails nearby the resort for your family to trek. We really enjoyed a long hike on the Shuman Point Hiking Trail which found us casing our and building our own cairns aside Lake Wallenpaupack!
- Outdoor campfires. Our family so enjoys campfires–it’s a time for us to unwind, chat and we often make-up and share stories fireside. It’s the perfect thing to share as a family. At Silver Birches, they offer smores twice/week (included!) and there is a nightly sunset champagne toast–sweet!
- Shuffleboard! Who else thinks this is so fun? There is a shuffleboard court at Silver Birches. I love this game, but so rarely get to play, so this was a fun treat.
- Kayaking and SUPing. Silver Birches has kayaks and SUPs along their shore you can take out for a jaunt around the lake.
- Outdoor breakfast. Included with your stay are vouchers to enjoy breakfast at the on-site restaurant, The Dock on Wallenpaupack. This restaurant offers lunch, dinner and late-night bites with both indoor dining and outdoor dining on their heated deck.
- A garden romp and woods exploration. When you stay at Silver Birches, you also have free access to their two sister properties, The Settler’s Inn and Ledges Hotel. Ledges Hotel has gorgeous waterfalls to take in, while The Settler’s Inn has an exquisite flower garden and a very cool new dining/hang-out area in the woods. While my husband and I partook of the daily complimentary wine tasting and cheese plate on the patio, the kids had a blast exploring the gardens and woods.
- Pooltime! During the summer season, let the kids enjoy the outdoor pool, while you kick back with their poolside bar and dining service--score!
Bonus free family adventure: we visited that playground I raved about twice during our 3-day stay and had to drag the kids away each time!
I can’t say how much we enjoyed our getaway. During these days with so much screen time, the chance to escape with all of these family outdoor adventures was such an incredible treat! Go check out all Silver Birches Resort has to offer, friends!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- How to Create a Nursery that Grows with Your Baby - May 18, 2023
- Hosting a Dinner Party? Follow These Tips for an Unforgettable Event - May 16, 2023
- The Only Game in Town Book Club Discussion - May 5, 2023
Janine Huldie says
Looked like such a fun place locally to get away for a bit. May need to take a better look into them for us as I have been trying to find some fun, but local places to indeed get away to, as well. So,t hanks for sharing here.
It was a really nice escape–especially during these days when everything is so tense with this online schooling. Hope you find a way to break away for a bit, Janine!
We are totally checking this out!!!
We really enjoyed it, Heather–such a great chance to get outside and play!