Thank you to Nakturnal for sponsoring this post so I can share these smart and easy family health hacks with you!
Battling through this winter season of sickness is not for the faint of heart! This year seems to be especially bad in my neck of the woods as the temperature has been so wildly fluctuating. So many have been down and out with some lingering nasty bugs, and I know more than one mama ready to pull her hair out with trying to keep her family functioning! That’s why I’ve come up with this list of EASY family healthy hacks you can do right now to help snag back a bit of control on your home’s health scene. Check these ideas out, friends!
5 Easy Family Health Hacks
- Download a healthcare/doctor appointment app for moms and kids. Abridge is a great one to help you get a handle on your family’s health information. It works by recording details from well-visits, keeping medical advice at the ready, and keeping track of medication schedules and dosage amounts. Having all of this information handy will keep the guesswork out of the picture when someone in your family gets sick!
- Speaking of well-visits, call your doctor now and schedule appointments for the whole family. Or if you’d had them done in the past year, make a note in your calendar to schedule when they are due. This is SO important in protecting your family’s health and well-being, but I am horrible about keeping up with my own! I do better with the kids because I do put a reminder in my calendar every year–no reason I can’t do this for myself too.
- Sneak those veggies in. My kids are pretty good about eating vegetables when I serve them, but we can all use more veggies in our diet. Products like this genius mac-n-cheese with a 1/4 cup of veggies/serving, cauliflower pizza crusts (bonus points for being packed with protein!) or even the new chicken nuggets with vegetables included are easy, no-fuss ways to sneak those veggies in!
- Try a homemade immunity syrup. This recipe using raw honey has done wonders for keeping winter bugs at bay. A dose of proactive protection now is far better than running herd on illness with countless medications later.
- Take a moment to DO NOTHING. Whaaat?! What mom can do that, right? YOU can, and you need to. In the winter when sickness rages more than ever. Stress dramatically depletes our immune system. So whether it’s drawing a bath, kicking back with a cozy book, or finally catching up on Outlander (yes, yes my life is sadly that behind), it’s game on for relax time, mama.
For more great ideas on ways to keep your family healthy and avoid those winter germs, see this amazing, month-long calendar of ideas. Then grab some of these easy, smart family health hacks and get ready for lots of feeling-good days ahead!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Grab the Traffic Boosting Genius of Traffic Secrets - July 10, 2020
- 28 Summers Book Club Discussion - July 10, 2020
- The Sin Eater Book Club - July 3, 2020