***Thank you to Hotel Transylvania 3 for sponsoring this post so I could share these ideas for a Spooky Sleepover Party!***
We love our movie nights! It’s such a special time to cozy in as a family and kick back together. We also love making a bit of a celebration (remember when we threw a bash for the birth of Daniel Tiger’s sister? 😉 ), so when we heard that one of our favorite movies from the summer, Hotel Transylvania 3, was being released on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital October 9, it was time for a party, a spooky sleepover party!
Throw Your Own Spooky Sleepover Party
- Nail the movie choice and theme your night around it. Hotel Transylvania 3 made this easy. Not only is such a fun, creative movie perfect for this ghostly time of year, it comes with lots of fabulous creatives to help you plan your night–read on!
- Set a nice spread. My daughter too very much enjoyed making a food art plate as a special treat, and with the movie-themed popcorn bags Hotel Transylvania 3 sent, we were set for snacks!
- Decorate! You can make this as elaborate or as simple as you want. My kids wanted to have a ribbon cutting ceremony to kick off the reveal of the new movie, so white streamers were the perfect flourish for our spooky sleepover party!
- Dressing up adds to the fun. Mavis’ bat wings and ears fit the theme too well! You can even snag an entire Mavis costume or Drac costume and follow along with this vampire makeup tutorial to really get into the spirit.
- Plan some nifty activities. Hotel Transylvania has this well covered with all of the neat ideas in this video. Grab the ones that best fit the age and interests of your guests, and your spooky sleepover is in the bag! And pumpkin carving is always a Fall hit. We love all these cute ideas to celebrate the movie characters.
- Favors are always a treat! My children so enjoyed all the adorable toys, mini-treasure chests, and other Hotel Transylvania 3 swag. Choose a few items to share at your spooky sleepover party–they make super prizes for games too!
I so enjoy Hotel Transylvania 3 because not only is it funny, it also has some really sweet heart with messages about the importance of family–so it truly makes for the perfect family movie night. And now that you have all the how-to and ideas for your own spooky sleepover party, go ahead and kick the fun up a notch and make a whole event of it. Time to bring on the monstrous fun!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Blue Pumpkins for Autism Awareness - October 20, 2021
- Make Learning Fun: 6 Ways to Mix Play and Education - October 19, 2021
- 9 Reasons to Visit Hersheypark in the Dark This Year - October 11, 2021