This is my son’s last year in elementary school. He has spent the last 6 years in a wonderful school with some pretty amazing teachers. Although my son and I send in a gift to his main teacher at the end of the year, we haven’t sent in any gifts for his encore teachers! I now realize I have neglected some amazing men and women who have taught my son in his Art, Music, Library, and Gym classes. I’m not sure why it hasn’t occurred to me before this year, maybe because he doesn’t see them as much as his main teacher, but these are the teachers who have been teaching him these subjects for the past six years! They met him when he was just a little Kindergartener and have taught him and watched him grow into a pretty grownup 5th grader. I think it’s about time to show our appreciation for them.
Below you’ll find a little thank you to my son’s encore teachers, as well as a list of gift ideas with something for every budget.
Thoughtful Gifts for Encore Teachers:
For the Art Teacher:
Thank you for bringing out my child’s creative side, showing him that he can make amazing creations, and letting him get messy!
- Set of high quality paint brushes
- Jewelry featuring the color wheel or artist palate
- Gift card to art supply store
- Tote bag or scarf featuring a famous work of art
- A homemade thank you note featuring one your child’s favorite art techniques
For the Gym Teacher:
Thank you for not only teaching my child the fundamentals of sports and games, but also teaching good sportsmanship, the importance of taking care of our bodies, and how to keep going even when you feel like quitting!
- Fruit Infusing Water Pitcher
- Muscle roller or cooling towel for post workout
- Hair Ties and Headbands
- Gift card to a sporting goods store
- A thank you note from your child stating the most important lesson he learned from his gym teacher
For the Music Teacher
Thank you for teaching my child how to read music, how to play an instrument (even though it was the recorder) and how music evokes all different feelings!
- Scarf, jewelry, or tote bag with music notes
- Gift card to music supply store
- Itunes gift card
- Have your child compose, record, and send them a thank you song
For the Librarian:
Thank you for helping my child learn to read, for fostering curiosity in my child and showing him where to find answers, and for developing his love of books and reading.
- Gift card to Barnes and Noble
- Bookmarks, either purchased or handmade by your child
- A donation of a new book to the Library
- Have your child write and illustrate a story for him or her
For any teacher:
- A letter of praise, addressed to their supervisor
- Gift card to gas station, grocery store, or teacher supply store
- Movie gift card
- Wine or Libations
- Tote bag or cup with their initials
I know I’m excited to start shopping and crafting with my son to show his encore teachers just how much we appreciate all they have done over the past six years. I’d love some more ideas and suggestions for gifts for encore teachers too! Please comment below with gifts you have given, or if you’re a teacher, some of the best gifts you have received from students.
Here’s to saying thanks to all teachers for the hard work they do!
First image credit: depositphotos.com, image ID:5684013, Copyright:SimpleFoto
Second image credit: depositphotos.com, image ID:27608791, copyright:poznyakov
Third image credit: depositphotos.com, image ID:80390794, copyright:DGLimages
Fourth image credit: depositphotos.com, image ID:12045413, copyright:realinemedia
Fifth image credit: depositphotos.com, image ID:4759722, copyright:monkeybusiness
Sixth image credit: depositphotos.com, image ID:31956271, copyright:-Taurus-
Latest posts by Anne Metz (see all)
- 3 Super-Smart Tips for Teaching Kids to Manage Money - October 2, 2019
- Painting Metal Patio Furniture How-to - June 28, 2019
- 4 Budget-Friendly Upgrades for a Fun Backyard - May 17, 2019