***This post is sponsored by the California Pizza Kitchen so I could share their new menu with you and tell you all about our family date night.***
Last week, my family and I received a very cool invite from California Pizza Kitchen to taste their new menu. It had been too long since we’d had a family date night out, so we were all pumped for the opportunity. Plus, a chance to taste the new bites from this fantastic restaurant committed to quality, artisanal dishes and drinks? Sweet! Count us in.
My husband and I remember visiting California Pizza Kitchen once while in college, but since that was easily sixteen years ago (we are so old), we had no idea what to expect and were eager to try the restaurant’s menu.
What did we end up trying? Everything! No, seriously, EVERYTHING that is on their new menu. The staff presented each dish along with an explanation of the ingredients and flavors that were so carefully selected. And it was all FANTASTIC. All of us were delighted with the meal, and the kids are already begging to return. Read on to learn more about why California Pizza Kitchen makes for the perfect family date night.
Why a visit to California Pizza Kitchen makes for the perfect family date night?
- Their new menu is truly impressive. Picking a favorite dish would be too hard! I love the tasty, healthy spin on buffalo chicken wings with their Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower appetizer, and I am over the moon for their new Wild Mushroom Strozzapreti (flavor explosion that will leave all mushroom lovers swooning!). Toss in the Brussels and Bacon Flatbread, the popular Carne Asade Pizza and Roasted Garlic Chicken and Seasonal Vegetables, and California Pizza Kitchen’s new menu gets a standing ovation.
- The artisanal beverages are such a treat for the adults! The Beehive Sangria and Blueberry Ginger Smash were our favorites, but there are so many excellent choices. My husband could easily woo me by taking me out for one of these drinks alone, forget the dinner! Blueberry Ginger Smash is completely worth the extra few minutes its creation requires–heck, I’d wait an extra hour for a drink this tremendous!
- The desserts are a special delight for the whole family. The Salted Caramel Pudding and seasonal Pumpkin Cheesecake are incredible, but the signature Butter Cake is in a class of it’s own. Words can’t properly capture how magnificent this dessert is, friends. You’re simply going to have to make tracks to California Pizza Kitchen and try it for yourself. Trust me, you’ll thank me later.
- Made-to-order service. Yup, that’s right–tell the kitchen what you need and they’ll make it happen. My daughter’s bizarre preference to have sauce on top of the cheese for her kids’ pizza? No sweat! If you have a special request, let them work to meet your specific needs.
- Loads and loads of options. With a large menu, California Pizza Kitchen offers an option for every taste. Their selection is extensive and the chef is accommodating. Visit for family date night and everyone will leave happily satisfied.
- The service is so friendly. Everyone was so kind and eager to please and answer questions. When dining out with kids, this makes a huge difference. To have our frequent requests for extra napkins, crayons, and drink refills quickly and pleasantly attended to made for a wonderful family date night experience.
It can be tricky to find a place for a family date night that isn’t stressful and that will make everyone happy, but we found a win with California Pizza Kitchen! It was a great evening for our family, and I can’t say enough about how impressive the restaurant’s new menu is.
But don’t take my word for it, load the family up and treat yourselves to a family date night tonight!
***Thank you to California Pizza Kitchen for inviting us to be their guests so I could scoop all of you on the their new menu!***