When Vanessa first shared her idea of linking up with the things we are thankful for, I was excited. It’s so easy to be stymied by the difficult things on this earth and so very easy to overlook our blessings. This was the perfect opportunity to highlight some of the really cool things in my life. Thanks, Vanessa!
Hop in on the link-up below or pop by her blog, See Vanessa Craft. As she says, “you can make your posts as funny or thoughtful as you want or you might just want to post a photo…totally up to you!” Just share whatever it is that you are grateful for. Be sure to follow her @craftyvanessa on Twitter too!
1. All of you who check in on my blog on a regular basis. I know you do it and I appreciate it–A LOT.
2. My children sleeping through the night. Praise God, this is truly a wonderful thing.
3. Hurricane Sandy did not leave us sans power for days on end and my son did not end up in a body cast.
4. Curious George, Mickey Mouse, Alvin and the Chipmunks and all the other animated rodents who do their part to occupy my children so I can pursue my blogging obsession.
5. Real friends. You know, the ones who actually get it and support you through it all…
6. A new family friend, who is really very, very cool and I like her, a lot.
7. The hope that life will someday be a bit easier and 99.9% of my day will not be consumed with poop management.
8. The days I get dinner in the crockpot early so I don’t have to fuss with making dinner that night.
9. That I can shop for the groceries my family need without (mostly) panicking over the cost of things.
10. For all of the amazing blogging mentors and supporters who have crossed my path in the past year and helped me tirelessly as I’ve tried to figure this beast out.
11. Star magazine. Have I ever mentioned that this is a sanity saver? It is.
12. My dear, dear friend is in the area for a few months and we have actually had time to connect and hang out.
13. My insurance covers (part of) a monthly massage treatment which has significantly helped my beastly migraines. Thank you, Cigna.
14. My mom’s death is over. This is incredibly sad, yes. But there is such an incredible peace in having the worst already have happened, if this makes sense.
15. Revenge. My sister was right. This show rocks. Now if I could just figure out a way to watch it every week without my children present so I could actually focus on the story line…
16. My sister. Not everyone has one. And among those who do have one, not every sister is so cool and so on board with where my mess of a life is right now. Thank you, for pretending to ignore the peanut butter smudges my children let all over your new sweater.
17. My husband. He is a good man and I am blessed to have him supporting and loving me.
18. Christmas season is right around the corner. In short, I have been peeing myself in excitement for this and am so happy it is finally here.
19. Sippy cups. Where would we be without them? Milk strewn about the house in reckless abandon? Playtex, thank you for creating such supremely awesome valves for my children’s use. Every drop not drenched into my carpets ringing in your glorious praises.
20. That, as hard as it is, I can manage today and all the obstacles it throws at me.
21. I have managed to figure out the tricky dance of my son’s preschool drop-off and pick-up. It only took me two months, but hey–I’m on board 😉
22. (the obvious) that my family is safe, happy and well. Life is pretty good, isn’t it? 🙂
Join in and let us know what you are thankful for!