I am thrilled today to be hosting one of my favorite bloggers, Motherhood on the Rocks. PR strategist turned stay-at-home mommy blogger, she now spends her days changing diapers, wiping boogies and blogging about motherhood, including recipes for the lazy, money and time-saving ideas, and product and book reviews. You can find more of her antics on Facebook and Twitter. With her husband, daughter, and self-described “stinky dog” on hand to keep it interesting, she writes very fun and relatable posts. Anyone who can make football day snacks fun, easy, and popular with the kiddos is aces in my book. I snorted over her explanation of how Dora took over her DVR and how Snooki’s baby is going to be president someday (impressively all in one post too!). And how helpful was it when she sent out a list of warning signs that you’ve got a diva on your hands–I definitely think I do, yikes! Another major reason to check in often on Motherhood on the Rocks? She’s got LOADS of great giveaways (seriously, she is connected with the goods, so pay attention–a year’s worth of diapers was given away a few weeks ago!).
In her own words, “Join me as I try to conquer
the world motherhood…pour yourself a drink and revel in the fact that someone might be more clueless than yourself.” Totally my kind of gal! Read on, my friends, as she fills us in on why she isn’t claiming her Mom of the Year award today (though I totally think she should b/c she sounds like the “perfect” mom to me!)…
At least I didn’t give my diva “driving lesson” at 5-months-old
- Dora is an awesome babysitter and I use her daily. I mean, I have to go to the bathroom and cook and
check Facebookclean sometimes. It’s a little hard to do those things with a toddler-sized shadow right at your feet.
- I’ve taught my two-year-old how to get the Cheerios box out of the cupboard and milk out of the fridge. She’s got legs, right??
- Time-out threats are the best way to stop any annoying behavior in its tracks. “Stop banging on the computer or you’re going to time out.” Done! “Stop taking mommy’s phone when she’s
playing Words With Friendschecking the weather!” Viola!
- Jammies are clothes and if she wakes up and wants to wear her Dora nightgown for another day yet again, who am I to argue? I’ll just take her out back and hose her down every now and then. Bath time and laundry in one fell swoop!
- Bedtime is my favorite part of the day. Don’t get me wrong, all the hugs, kisses and “I love you, momma” are sweet and can make me tear up quicker than a guy who got kicked in the nuts. But after a long day of changing poopy diapers, wiping splattered milk off the furniture and cleaning crushed Cheerios off the floor, I’m ready for a big glass of wine and some “mommy time.”
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Home Renovations for Beginners: What You Should and Shouldn’t Do - September 23, 2021
- The Light of Luna Park Book Club Discussion - September 10, 2021
- Lighten Up this Fall with a Living Room Refresh - September 7, 2021