Thank you to 5 Wits for hosting my son’s 10th birthday party so I could share our experience with a 5 Wits birthday party–the best birthday party ever!
My son is turning 10 this week! As he’s my first-born, I’m sure many of you mamas can relate to how big this feels. He is such an incredible, awesome kiddo, and along the way I’ve learned his love language is games. All things games and puzzles, so 5 Wits was the perfect fit! Their hands-on, immersive adventures are all about YOU and your experience of the adventure. And as far as birthdays go? A 5 Wits birthday party was unanimously voted by our energized crew as the “best birthday party ever”! Now that’s a parenting score! 😉
What is 5 Wits?
Since 2004 and far before typical escape room experiences, 5 Wits has been creating high-tech, engaging interactive experiences (called “adventures”) in which our guests play a starring role. An adventure places guests in real life, physically immersive sets (no virtual reality!), your group encounters hands-on tasks, puzzles, and challenges, and your performance determines the outcome of the adventure. Failure IS an option!
Taking place in painstakingly detailed, theme park-style environments, 5 Wits adventures feature synchronized sound and lighting, elaborate special effects, and characters that respond to your presence and performance.
Is 5 Wits an escape room?
Short answer: no. While 5 Wits is similar to an escape room in that it is an interactive experience, there are several major differences. First opening in 2004 in Boston, 5 Wits is considered the first of these types of attractions (escape games did not appear until 2007, and not in the US until much later.) If you enjoy escape rooms, you’ll love 5 Wits! However, you should expect a very different experience…
Why a 5 Wits birthday party is the best birthday party ever
- EVERYTHING (pizza, cake, balloons, party host, goody bags, drinks, place settings, and adventures) is included!
- It is so, so unique! All the kids in our group were blown away by the experience of the 5 Wits adventures.
- It is customized to YOU! Our kiddos took a bit longer in the party room, enjoying pizza and cake, and this was no problem. The accommodating staff simply bumped back our entrance time to the last adventure.
- These kids aren’t simply given their goody bags–they must solve a puzzle to receive them–how fun!
Intrigued? Go check it out, friends! You won’t be disappointed, I promise! 5 Wits is truly a unique, memorable, INCREDIBLE experience. I can’t wait for you to enjoy it with your crew!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Zulily Thrill Fest is ON! - June 17, 2019
- 6 Hacks for Visiting Epcot and Hollywood Studios in One Day - June 10, 2019
- The Expats Book Club Discussion - June 7, 2019