Thank you to Mom It Forward Influencer Network for sponsoring this post so I can share with you these 5 smart ways to win Safer Internet Day! All opinions are 100% my own.
Today is Safer Internet Day (SID), and friends, this is a fantastic effort we parents can get behind! The slogan, “Together for a better internet“, says it all, all the more meaningful for those of us with young ones. We all know how insanely pervasive internet presence is, and keeping it in healthy check for our kids is a very real concern. For Google’s Kids & Families team, this is a BIG holiday for Be Internet Awesome and helping your family create cleaner internet habits.
5 Ways to Win Safer Internet Day
- Gather your family together. Check out Be Internet Awesome guide and then encourage your kids to put their skills to the test with Interland.
- Get your kiddo’s school on board! Encourage them to come together for a better internet too by sharing Be Internet Awesome with all the teachers and staff.
- Get personal with your child. Have a conversation with your kids about how to be safe and smart online on Safer Internet Day and everyday by using the information you learned from
Be Internet Awesome.
- Game plan as a team. Take time to sort expectations with your spouse/partner and other key players in your kiddo’s life so you are all on the same page with what is allowed or what should be avoided. Your child will only be able to comply with internet rules if they know what they are!
- Focus on the positives of the internet. This one is unexpected, I know! But the thing is, parents, the internet isn’t going anywhere. It may be a very smart game plan to teach our kids how to safely use and appreciate the positive aspects of this phenomenon. If we can demonstrate a healthy usage and appreciation of the internet, our kids may well benefit!
The internet can be such a dicey beast, friends. Super-dicey. But listen, you are smart, and you can do this. And thanks to the help of Google’s Safer Internet Day, we aren’t alone. Follow these smart tips to win not only Safer Internet Day, but your online gameplan with your kiddos in general, and you are off to a great start!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- 4 Tools Every Restaurant Should Have - January 21, 2023
- Meet Me Under the Mistletoe Book Club Discussion - January 20, 2023
- New Parent Winter Survival Tips: How to Keep a Newborn Warm and Cozy - January 19, 2023