***I have been compensated by Johnson’s® Baby for this post about this creative idea for a DIY Candy Cane Cloud Dough gift; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own. ***
I’ve shared before some nifty fidgets that help my kiddos manage the symptoms of their sensory issues, and we’ve even shared with you some cool DIY sensory play recipes as well. With the holidays coming up and doing my best to stretch our gift budget, I decided to try my hand at a fun DIY Candy Cane Cloud Dough gift! With only three simple ingredients, it’s not only easy and cheap to make, it’s a fun craft for kids to make themselves–with maybe a little help from mom 😉
DIY Candy Cane Cloud Dough Gift
- Johnson’s® Baby Oil
- Red food coloring
Other items needed for your project:
- 2 mixing bowls
- 2 spoons
- measuring cups
- Glass jar of any shape/size
- Decorative paper/tags/candy to adorn your jar (optional)
Steps to making your DIY Candy Cane Cloud Dough gift:
- Measure out 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of Johnson’s® Baby Oil into one bowl.
- Mix well.
- Divide the dough in half, and put one half in your second mixing bowl. Add drops of red food coloring to one bowl and mix until you get to your desired level of coloring.
- Spoon enough of the white dough into a glass jar until you have a layer about 1/2″ deep. Spoon some of the red/pink dough on top of this so you have a second layer of equal depth. Repeat until jar is filled. Fill as many jars as you have dough enough for.
- After sealing jar, decorate as desired. Miniature candy canes, gift tags, and pretty ribbons all make for sweet accents.
- Gift your jar!
I love this DIY Candy Cane Cloud Dough gift because it is so easy and cheap. Make sure to shop for your ingredients at Walmart: it has a huge selection of Johnson’s® Baby products, and you’ll find the full line of Johnson’s® Baby Oil there for this project both in-store and online. And after you’re done shopping for your cloud dough project, check out this cool Pinterest board for loads of other ideas for creative ways you can use Johnson’s® Baby products this holiday season and beyond.
DIY Candy Cane Cloud Dough also makes a great gift because its so cool and appreciated by recipients. Keep in mind cloud dough isn’t just for children–I’ll often fidget with cloud dough while watching a movie or playing a game. So very relaxing and soothing!
Now that you have the whole scoop, make tracks to Walmart to grab what you need and get ready to whip up some lovely DIY Candy Cane Cloud Dough gifts for the people on your list!
If someone is reporting an adverse event or a product quality complaint, please tell them to call the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) North America Consumer Care Center at 800-361-8068 during normal business hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. After normal business hours, they can report adverse events or product quality complaints through www.jnj.com Contact Us page.
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Forget the Ugly Sweaters: The Christmas Party Outfit that Will Truly Win! - December 6, 2019
- The Starless Sea Book Club Discussion - December 6, 2019
- 5 Smart Tips to Visit the Hershey Story - December 5, 2019