***This post was sponsored by Nabisco as part of an Integrated Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed regarding after school snacks in my post are my own.***
Anyone else’s kids get off the bus ready to cut someone if they don’t have a snack ASAP? With early lunchtimes and active days, my children are hungry by the time they get home. I am so very much still growing and learning as a mom–this is the first year both my kiddos are in school full day!–and I’m only now getting a handle on the whole after school snack business. I’ve learned a few tips and tricks that suit us well, and I’m here to share them here with you–one stressor you needn’t battle, mama! We’re here to help you sort it 🙂
3 Smart After School Snack Ideas
- Kids must finish their lunch. Dude, packing lunches day after day is no fun, let’s be honest. I work hard to fill their boxes with healthy choices they will enjoy (no easy task!). We have set a rule that whatever they don’t finish at lunch, they will eat for their after school snack. Works well and no waste!
- Start healthy. If they have finished their lunch before they get home, we always go for a healthy choice first–a yogurt, cheese stick, apple, etc.
- If after finishing lunch and their healthy bite, they still ask for more snack, this is where the sweetness comes in! As my kids are both active and enjoy a balanced diet, I am happy to allow them the occasional treat. And I am rather particular about what we choose as after school snack treats!
Super After School Snack Treat Idea
Who doesn’t love Teddy Grahams? I remember enjoying them as a child, and they were one of the first finger-food snacks I introduced to my babies. This brand is a classic, and for a good reason–their products are delicious and so very well loved by kiddos! When I learned that Teddy Grahams introduced a new product, TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks, I was eager to check them out for our family. The result? A total win!
Why do we love TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks?
- They are a loveable bear-shaped snack made with quality ingredients such as milk, eggs and chocolate.
- TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors and no artificial colors.
- TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks are available at Walmart in the Cookie/Cracker aisle.
- When we have to quickly hop off the bus and head out to an afternoon activity, TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks are the perfect on-the-go treat as they come individually wrapped and easy to toss in your bag!
- To celebrate the introduction of this sweet new after school snack, Nabisco is offering a fun giveaway: Nabisco Snacktime Sweepstakes
I-C will randomly select 14 winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes.
Prize: 12 prizes ($50 Walmart gift card each) and two grand prizes ($200 Walmart gift card each)
Dates: September 11- 29th, 2017
So readers, go enter to win big then pop over to Walmart to snag a box of these after school snacks for your own kids when they get off the bus! Your kids will love them, and you will love the ease and convenience. A win-win!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Blue Pumpkins for Autism Awareness - October 20, 2021
- Make Learning Fun: 6 Ways to Mix Play and Education - October 19, 2021
- 9 Reasons to Visit Hersheypark in the Dark This Year - October 11, 2021