****Thank you to The Baby Sleep Site for sponsoring this post so I could share the scoop on the best bedtimes for babies and toddlers with all of you!****
Any mama out there ever feel a bit clueless with how to best care for those kiddos? Oh wait, what’s that? ALL the hands are raised? Yup, true story, friend, none of ever feel like we really know what we’re doing. I have struggled with every issue from what to feed my kiddos to how to discipline them to how to potty train them to most recently, how to get them out the door in the morning without pulling out my hair. This parenting gig is no joke, full of hard decisions and tough work. I remember when my kids were younger agonizing over sleep and nap schedules, trying to endlessly sort out the magic formula of how to get them the rest they (and me!) sorely needed. The good news? Thanks to this new nifty chart from The Baby Sleep Site, sorting out the best bedtimes for babies and toddlers is easy-peasy!
After you pop over and check out the best bedtimes for babies and toddler, download it for free HERE!
And as you look it over and game plan tackling you little one’s sleep schedule, there are a few important general takeaways to keep in mind. Take the time to familiarize yourself with these facts now so when in the most crazed, sleep-deprived moments when debating what to do, you can reassure yourself by calling these points to mind.
Truths about the best bedtimes for babies and toddlers:
- Bedtimes that are too early tend to lead to the day starting too early for most families.
- Newborns don’t generally have early bedtimes until their nighttime sleep lengthens to 11-12 hours, so don’t put them to bed early too soon!
- Past newborn stage – over-tired babies tend to wake up more at night and/or earlier the next morning
- A good bedtime routine helps set the stage for sleep and cue your baby what’s coming next. Grab some smart ideas for this HERE.
- Toddlers may need a snack at bedtime if their dinner is substantially earlier than bedtime.
The Baby Sleep Site is a reliable wealth of baby sleeping information, so use it, friends! Remember these takeaway points and print out that chart to help guide you through the dicey days of baby and toddler sleep schedules. It can be a tricky business, but as someone who has been through it and lived to to tell you about it–you can do this, I promise!
Second image credit: depositphotos.com, image ID:126508478, copyright:SvetlanaFedoseeva
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Blue Pumpkins for Autism Awareness - October 20, 2021
- Make Learning Fun: 6 Ways to Mix Play and Education - October 19, 2021
- 9 Reasons to Visit Hersheypark in the Dark This Year - October 11, 2021