Alright, friends, time for an informal poll: how many of you would give your right arm to not have to sort the making-dinner crazy every single night? Not that cooking and washing dishes at the end of a long day while you fight the homework battle with kids isn’t super-fun, of course, but…some nights bagging the kitchen scene and going for takeout? Exactly what Mommy’s sanity requires. The only catch, if your family is anything like mine, you’ve hopped onto some New Year’s goals to eat cleaner and more nutritiously. Ordering out can be one of the fastest tracks to derailing your resolution. But now, thanks to Snap Kitchen, no worries! With Snap Kitchen, easy, healthy takeout is delivered.
What is Snap Kitchen and how do they offer healthy takeout?
- With locations across the country, it is a shop where you can pop in to grab a meal or stock up your fridge for the week.
- Snap Kitchen has super high standards & a transparent commitment to real ingredients—no artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors in our food.
- All food is made from scratch daily and is delicious. Chefs prepare it by hand and cook it in small batches in our neighborhood kitchens.
- The guesswork of takeout is gone. Each item on the menu is dietitian-blessed. Snap kitchen gets how hard it is to navigate the food landscape and carefully creates all healthy choices in perfect portions.
- However you are eating and whatever your dietary needs are–Gluten free? Dairy free? Paleo? Vegan? Whole 30? Crossfitting meal prepper? Just a super-busy person without time to shop and cook but still want to eat well?–Snap Kitchen makes meeting your goals easy.
- Snap Kitchen is committed to supporting the community and planet with daily food donations and using sustainably sourced materials.
What’s the healthy takeout menu like?
- You’ll find a mix of classic dishes with a healthy hack (think chicken enchiladas and meatloaf) and innovative meals using on-trend ingredients (think vegan spicy dan dan noodles with shiitake mushrooms as a hearty substitute for pork).
- Snap Kitchen also recently launched a delicious, healthy comfort food menu, featuring items like Nashville Hot Chicken w/ Mac & Cheese, Pulled Pork Enchiladas, Pulled Pork Biscuit and Gravy, and Vegan Chili. It’s comfort food without the food coma.
- For each item on the menu, the nutritional content and ingredients are clearly labelled, so you know exactly what you will be eating. My favorite feature? I’m focusing on eating high-protein at every meal and the grams of protein in each dish is front and center on the label! Makes planning my food for the day so easy.
- In addition to the meals, you’ll find snacks, sides and drinks on the healthy take-out menu. I was tickled to grab some of the lean protein servings (grilled chicken, grilled tofu and shrimp) to add to my daily lunchtime salad–saved me so much prep work!
Okay, but does it take forever to order this healthy takeout?
No! When placing our first order, I called ahead (which was fine to do) but the kind man answering the phone explained that since everything is prepped and packaged fresh daily, it’s immediately ready to go whenever you walk in the shop.
If you happen to be one of the lucky folk living in the Chicago area, make sure to check out the the Snap iOS app for nifty on-demand delivery. The app allows customers to browse the menu, track their loyalty points, see real-time product stock at their nearest shop, and buy and have their food delivered. Even better? It’s free delivery on your first order of $20 or more (terms and conditions apply). Sweet!
But are Snap Kitchen’s healthy takeout meals actually good?
Yes! In addition to the lean protein servings I ordered, I treated myself to an already-prepared Bacon and Blue Cobb Salad and WOW! Delicious lunch-time treat for mom! For a family dinner, I found dishes we all enjoy–Crispy Chicken for my daughter, Sweet Chili Glazed Salmon for my son, Crispy Scottish Salmon for my husband, and Crunchy Coconut Shrimp for myself. The result? Everyone loved their meals AND it was the happiest dinner we had in ages–everyone got what they liked, and I had a reprieve from the dinner-making madness (especially on a night when I was sick and put the kids to work–see video below). Wa-hoo!
Busy person, meet Snap Kitchen, proving that healthy takeout does exist. Give yourself a night off from the kitchen, but keep those eating well goals on track. Make tracks to your nearest Snap Kitchen tonight and give it go!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- 5 Essential Reasons Parents Need to Get Life Insurance - September 20, 2023
- Cutting Teeth Book Club Discussion - September 1, 2023
- What to Do After a Dog Bite - August 8, 2023