This post was sponsored by Hasbro’s Joy For All Companion Pets brand as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.
A little known fact about me: before kids, I actually used to leave the house and be a productive member of society! I know, mind-blowing. In specific, I worked in a long-term care setting as a dementia unit social worker. I also worked with hospice care and at the VA hospital in addition to caring for two elderly ladies with dementia diagnoses privately in their homes. Currently, my family has a very dear aging family member with dementia. Through these experiences, I’ve learned that the heart of elderly persons living with dementia is a beautiful delicate thing, one that merits ultimate respect and precious care. Anything that can help to serve and enhance their life experiences is a blessing. That’s why I’m a huge fan Hasbro’s Joy For All Companion Pets.
What are Hasbro’s Joy For All Companion Pets?
They are cuddly dogs and cats that have some very, very cool features. They can respond to petting, hugging and motion much like real pets. With built in sensors that respond to motion and touch, realistic, soft fur, and purring technology, the pet’s life-like qualities are well enhanced. Hasbro’s Joy For All Companion Pet Pup responds to voices with adorable pup-like sounds thanks to built in BarkBack™ technology and will look toward you when you speak to it. Joy For All Companion Pets also can be powered off and on or muted. And no worries about the batteries–4 x 1.5V C Alkaline Batteries are included!
We are very excited to gift our Joy For All Companion Pup to our loved one for Christmas, but until we do, my daughter was tickled to hang out with Flower (a fab pick for a dog name, no? 😉 ) and get to know him a bit (and add pink bows to his ears, of course!) so we could share him with all of you.
Why am I such a fan of Hasbro’s Joy For All Companion Pets?
- The suggested age? 5 to 105. What this means is that your new pet companion will be a hit with both kids and adults alike, which means that it’s the perfect inter-generational gift. There’s not a ton my 5 yr. old daughter can easily share interest in with her great-grandma, but this companion pet fits the bill.
- It encourages responsibility. As the technology allows the pet to respond to the actions of the “caregiver”, attention and care is promoted. For my daughter, this is a super life-lesson. For someone a tad more aged, it provides a sense of purpose–which is incredibly valuable.
- It is a companion. I know the product name suggests this clearly, but it’s true. We all need someone or something in this life. During my time working on the dementia unit, I can’t say how many residents carried a stuffed animal friend with them throughout their days. Why? It was a companion, something to go with them through their lives–a comfort, a friend, a love.
- It’s easy to use. My daughter and I decided to break out our new friend while her dad was at work. Being that I’m technologically-inept, I had trepidation about how this would go. But hey, no worries–all I had to do was open the box and flip the switch to on, and even I could handle that! To interact with the pup, you simply talk to it (it will turn it’s head towards you when you do), pet it’s cheek, head or back, and he will bark his interactive appreciation.
- When the caregivers have had a bit much (it was snack time for my daughter and she was ready for a full-on food nosh break), the Joy For All Companion Pets can be turned off. As real-like as they may be, they are not, in fact, real. Use them when it works for you!
- Cat-lovers and dog-lovers can both enjoy! Hasbro’s Joy For All Companion Pets offer both a cat and dog option for whichever pet your loved one prefers.
Do those post-age five really enjoy Hasbro’s Joy For All Companion Pets? After sharing them with our family, I’d say it’s a win!
If you are looking for a gift this season that a loved one will truly appreciate, grab one of the Hasbro’s Joy For All Companion Pets and be a gift-giver winner. This one is a smart hit, friends!