***This post is sponsored by Plackers® Flossers***
When I first took my kids to the dentist a few years back, I was feeling pretty puffed up–“Look at me! Leaving the house! Taking care of my kids’ oral hygeine! I am Mom of the Year!” Then our dentist asked the fateful question, “How often are you flossing their teeth?”
Flossing their teeth?! Wasn’t it enough that I was feeding them and generally keeping them alive? Moreover, I was shoving a toothbrush in their mouths twice a day even when they fussed in protest. You mean I was supposed to be flossing on top of all this madness?!
Now a tad further into this kid raising journey and a teensy bit wiser, flossing is a firm part of our tooth-brushing routine. Yet I can’t claim that it’s an enjoyable part of our routine. Many days the battle to get in between those cutie little teeth is a brutal one that reassures me I’m well unqualified to parent. So when Plackers® asked if they could send some of their new Dual Grip Fruit Smoothie Swirl Flossers to make the task more enjoyable for all of us, I may have whimpered in relief a little bit. There was hope!
Our flossers arrived, along with the very cool Flosser Friend™, a cool monkey-shaped flosser holder (bonus: it comes pre-packaged with 30 dual grip kids’ flossers!), and I think I was more stoked than the kids.
Why was I so delighted with Plackers® Flossers?
- The flossers themselves are incredibly user-friendly. Designed with a unique dual grip handle (different than other brands!), they are easy for kids of all ages to use and for parents to easily assist with flossing as needed.
- They are FUN. To make flossing even more appealing, Plackers® added a kid-friendly fruit smoothie flavor to the flossers. And reaching into the monkey’s mouth to grab a new one? Kids love it! A task we used to dread is now making them smile.
- The Flosser Friend™ neatly stores the flossers on our bathroom counter. No more digging through drawers for flossers or leaving them strewn about the counter haphazardly (gross!).
For more information on why Plackers® Flossers work so well and why they truly inspire “Love at First Floss”, read this article, and get shopping for your own Plackers® Dual Grip Fruit Smoothie Swirl Flossers and Flosser Friend™ HERE.
Also make sure to pop by the Plackers® Kids Club for some fun games and activities that entertain your children while niftily teaching them about good dental health. Genius!
And super news for you, readers? One of you is going to score your very own set of Plackers® Dual Grip Fruit Smoothie Swirl Flossers and the Flosser Friend™ for free! Just enter the Rafflecopter below and get ready to floss it up at your home! As long as you are 18 or older, live in the Continental United States and enter before 5:30am ET on 4/20/16, you are eligible to win!
If those silly (read: totally smart and very knowledgeable about necessary measures to protect our children’s oral health) dentists are going to insist that we floss our kids’ teeth, we might as well make it fun for our kids–and less painful to us!
Get flossing with Plackers® Flossers, friends!
****Thanks to Plackers® for sponsoring this post so I could share their cool products with you. Our delight in their flossers is 100% genuine–toothbrushing-tantrum frequency has plummeted since their arrival. 😉 ****
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- 5 Essential Reasons Parents Need to Get Life Insurance - September 20, 2023
- Cutting Teeth Book Club Discussion - September 1, 2023
- What to Do After a Dog Bite - August 8, 2023