Truth told: my kids hate it when I slather sunscreen on them. But in reciprocation, I love them enough to keep whipping out the bottle and squeezing on the gooey white cream.
They might throw fits, I don’t care. They might roll their eyes and think I’m crazy. I don’t care.
Because I love them, I will always try to shield them. Against the harmful UV rays. Against the truth of the unyielding assault of our modern atmosphere. Against anything that works in opposition to the protection of their protection.
So bring on the sunscreen. Please.
OTCSatey.org is working hard to make sure we all know sunscreen isn’t just something to remember this summer, it’s The Thing to Remember. Check out their site for more ideas and information. Especially learn and follow these key tips from the FDA:
- Use broad spectrum sunscreens with SPF values of 15 or higher regularly and as directed
- Reapply sunscreen at least every 2 hours, more often if you’re sweating or jumping in and out of the water.
- Limit time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when the sun’s rays are most intense.
As parents, we rarely are able to do all the things we dream of doing for our kids on this earth, but protecting them from the harmful rays of the sun? We can do this! There’s just too much we love about our families to NOT care for their skin.
To help spread the word, I asked some of my favorite bloggers to snatch up sunscreen & spell out what they love about the loved ones they’re protecting–and why they’re going to keep slathering the cream on, despite all the foot stamping, rolled eyes and wriggly babies.
Mama’s got a tube and she’s using it!
I think we’re all Winter-weary. Personally, Spring in all its end-of-school Spring glory is kind of doing me in too. So, I am ready for summer. Bring on the warm rays, I say!
Just be smart and protect those you love and all their lovable traits with the proper sunscreen and I’ll see you out in the sunshine! After slathering up my own two treasures of course 😉
****I am compensated as an OTCsafety blogging ambassador but my opinions always remain my own!****
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- 9 Considerations for Legoland Accommodations: Hotel vs. Beach Retreat - May 24, 2019
- 6 Tips for Visiting the Turkey Hill Experience - May 7, 2019
- The Island of Sea Women Book Club Discussion - May 3, 2019