October. FALL. The time of leaves, apple scents, and heavy crushing on some new (to me at least) trends. I am very good at crushing. Skilled at driving my husband nuts with my latest finds and loves. In fact, if he hears me swoon any more over the new gunmetal Michael Kors watch and fantasize about the price somehow magically dropping to $10, it might get a little dicey around here. Also, I have a feeling my precious People Style Watch and Star mags might somehow get accidentally “hidden” if I don’t put a sock in it soon…
OH WELL. At least you, dear readers, don’t have to live with this Mom of the Year, so let me subject you to some raving about the top ten list of the goods and pop culture treasures that are coloring my world a beautiful array of autumn shades this fall…let the bliss begin!
1. I am Happy, Happy, Happy over Duck Dynasty. I am late to the game, I know. I should have blogged about this months ago since EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD HAS ALREADY FALLEN IN LOVE. Regardless, I think these camo dudes are beyond awesome. I love their message, their presence, and their hunting-worn welcome mats sold on Amazon for a reasonable price. Is there anything else on TV that could reinforce my love of integrity and make me laugh so whole-heartedly at the same time??
2. The Sak Iris Tote in Teak Multi. Short story: A fellow bridesmaid was rocking it at a wedding we were just in. I got jealous. I threatened to steal it from her while we were having our hair coiffed. I then stalked it online post-wedding and found all necessary promo codes to nudge it into my price range. My husband is still not impressed.
3. Sperry Angelfish Topsiders. Hint: Buy them in the large youth sizes to save a boatload of money on these boat shoes. And then fall in love with THE MOST COMFY SHOES ON EARTH. God love my 12 yr. old Mother’s Helper for tipping me off to this gem.
4. That the 3rd Bridget Jones novel, Mad About the Boy, is now out. Yes, I’m 300th-some on the library hold list. Though I’m clinging to hope that Helen Fielding may catch wind of this blog and decide that she simply MUST send me a free copy so I can objectively review it? I would use more words to describe my feelings about this book coming out, but I’m speechless with happy tears. There are no words for the continuance of this perfect confection of froth, heart, and realness of womanhood in the form of Lady Bridget Jones.
5. Revolution. I don’t want to get my hopes up, or over-sell this as a replacement for my lost Lost, but things are looking bright for this show, especially with the fury Season 2 has already unleashed into the first few episodes. Carry on, New World Order.
6. THE FITBIT. My sister told me about it. I thought she was crazy, but a friend confirmed its awesomeness. I then realized that my summer cavalier attitude equated to an 8 lb. gain, was horrified, and made tracks to this life-changing gadget. And it has, changed my life, that is. We are still working on the 8 lbs., but moving in the right direction, while accurately counting every step 😉
7. Skinny jeans. Obviously, with my above confession of the 8 lbs., it should be clear how very much I do not belong in anything “skinny”. My sister refers to our thunder thighs as our “genetic destiny”, and she’s right. But after years of holding off on this trend, I am now officially taken. I can’t help it; these pants are cute and look bangin’ with ballet flats or the Sperrys for which I above professed my love.
8. Online Yardsaling. We’ve got a problem here. The scoring of over $400 in bonus cash in less than 4 wks? The find of some incredibly cool deals on stuff we need (/want–let’s be honest) from fellow mamas who live locally? TOTALLY AWESOME. Totally addictive. Reason #326 that I need to get off Facebook.
9. Anything Urban Decay. The quality of their products at semi-reasonable prices? We’ve got a problem. Their current 20% off EVERYTHING sale doesn’t help–at all.
10. The notion of seeing Gravity in an IMAX theater. Granted, we can’t get a sitter to save our lives, but I have heard a million times over how awesome this is and how it will change the face of modern theater. Crap. Now saying this reinforces that I MUST bribe a sitter ASAP. Also, in the vein of crushes, it seems an appropriate time to confess that I may have a more-than-small one on Sandra Bullock. Congrats on the newest addition, my obvious bestie!
Okay, now I need to let you all alone to resume your normal lives. But if you’ve got a spare second, let me know what you’re crushing on this fall!
First image credit: depositphotos.com, ID:52940857, copyright:paulgrecaud
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- 5 Essential Reasons Parents Need to Get Life Insurance - September 20, 2023
- Cutting Teeth Book Club Discussion - September 1, 2023
- What to Do After a Dog Bite - August 8, 2023