As I sit here, feeling my feet turn into veritable ice blocks in this precious January chill that our heat system can’t keep up with, I find myself longer for warmer days. Brighter days. Summer days. Oh my lost love of sunshine and warmth, where did you go? More importantly, how quickly can you find your way back here?
Yes, let me now un-closet myself as counting down to Memorial Day kind of gal (it’s officially 122 in case you want to start keeping track). Not that I don’t love adding the extra 15+ minutes to our morning routine while I battle with coats, hats and locate missing mittens, but somehow the ease of summertime is just seeming overly appealing. Throw in the fact that I will be able to table the preschool drop-off routine for almost another 4 months, and I am longing for May.
My passion for the summer months was completely solidified the other night when I was attacked by the Little Tikes basketball net subbing in as a drying rack for the winter. I appreciate this plastic montrosity doing it’s part to give our dryer a rest and cut back on our heating bills, but I’m pretty sure it secretly daily inches itself further into my walking path through the dark basement. Come summer, when all outside play items are restored to their appropriate habitats, I envision less such evening attacks.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for appreciating the sweet parts of this season–fires in the fireplace, hot chocolate, and playing in the snow with the kids (but really, does this have to be so cold and so wet? Snow play would be so much more enjoyable if it was just a tad drier and warmer), but my heart lies with June, July, and August.
Only 122 days? I’m sure we’ll be rocking the mom-friendly shapewear bathing suits before we know it, dear readers. Hang in there.
- Follow your Hostesses – Christine and Janene from More Than Mommies
- Follow our Co-Hostess – Meredith at The Mom of the Year
- Follow the Life of The Party – Hooah and Hiccups
- Follow our Mixologist – This week our Mixologist is Mod Mom Beyond Indiedom.
- Follow the person directly BEFORE you on the hop!
- Finally, we ask that you post one (or both!) of the following buttons in either a post or on your sidebar to let other people know where you are partying today!
Link Up Your Blog for GFC and RSS followers:
Link up your Facebook pages:
Link up your Twitter Handles:
Link up your Pinterest Boards:
Link up your Instagram Feed:
Add your Pinterest Boards:
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- Front Porch Refresh: Summer 2021 Style - June 14, 2021
- Hour of the Witch Book Club Discussion - June 11, 2021
- A Guide to Dealing with Your Emotions when Your Child is Starting Daycare - June 8, 2021