***Thank you to Blog Meets Brand and Cedar Fair for sponsoring this post so I could share the reasons why you should visit Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom this summer!***
I’ve shared before the fun we’ve had at Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, and remember how I mentioned my dad used to work there back when he was in college? Well, this week, we got to have a very cool experience–not only did we get to back for some serious playtime at this amusement park, we got to take my dad with us for a fun trip down memory lane!
It was such a special day for all of us. As this was the first time he’d be back at the park in almost 50 years, our visit carried a hefty dose of nostalgia for him (though he reports that the only thing that remains original is the old wooden roller coaster). And it was neat for my kids and me to enjoy a day playing in the park with him. Yay for Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom!
While our new experience this week was being able to visit Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom with my dad, this park is so jam packed of excitement and adventure, you are bound to have a cool “first” experience of your own while you are there–and you’re guaranteed to have a ton of fun!
5 Reasons to Visit Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom This Summer:
- It’s a fantastic way to beat the summer heat. It was OVER 90 DEGREES the day we visited! Toasty for sure, but spending the afternoon splashing around in Wildwater Kingdom’s wave pools, slides, and play areas? Bring on the heat–no cooler way to hang out this summer!
- It’s kid-friendly. And by kid-friendly, I mean little kid-friendly too. I can’t say enough how much my kiddos adore Planet Snoopy, and the kids’ splash zone in Wildwater Kingdom (along with a ginormous octopus to climb on and slide down!) kept them busily happy!
- Super-convenient dining options. Take a minute to consider your dining/drink needs for the day (and/or season if you have a season pass), and purchase one of the dining packages. Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom has affordable options that allow you to eat all day for far cheaper that you would pay if you purchased each meal separately. We bought a souvenir drink cup in the morning and refilled it for FREE all day (after the first day of your cup purchase refills are only $1).
- BOTH parks are included in the admission price. So if it’s a cooler day and you only want to hang a short while in the water park, no problem. Or if you visit multiple times over the season, you can focus on hanging out in different areas each time you visit Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom.
- Unique, fun extras. Many amusement parks include shows, of which Dorney Park also has a fantastic selection (my kids loved seeing Charlie Brown’s Jungle Journey for the first time!), but Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom is also known for its special events calendar and the wow-worthy Dinosaurs Alive exhibit.
Plan now to visit Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom this summer, friends. It’s such family-friendly, fun-filled win. Whatever first exciting experience you capture, it is sure to be one you will long remember. Go get your summer fun on!
Latest posts by Meredith (see all)
- 5 Ways to Add Asian Flavor to Your Everyday - February 20, 2018
- 3-Step Chinese New Year Appetizer Your Kids Will Love! - February 8, 2018
- The Woman in the Window Book Club Discussion - February 2, 2018