There are so many topics out there that I wish I would have been creative enough to have been one of the first to blog about, but I just totally missed the boat. You fellow bloggers know exactly what I’m talking about. Now I would so love do a post on some of these wonderful ideas, but by now they have been clearly covered and I would just look incredibly lame. Also, since I’m just not that witty, I wouldn’t have any cool additions to the conversation at this point 😉
The hot topics I’m rueing being late to the party for:
1. Breaking down the sheer stupidity of 50 Shades of Grey. Why, oh why, was I too chicken crap to bite the bullet and just say I hated it while the rest of the world seemed to be in so love? Apparently, the thinking people of the world were not in love and I have read some of the funniest posts ever ripping on this book. Darn me and my paranoia over offending someone…
2. The post where you just let your toddler bang on the keys for 2 minutes, sign their name, and hit publish. It’s adorable, it’s cute, and think of the time-save in trying to actually formulate blog material.
3. The “love” letter to the old lady at the grocery store haggling over the price of an orange while your children are screaming at the top of their lungs. I always have the funniest hateful thoughts at this exact moment. Never remember them by the time I get home.
4. All of the breastfeeding vs. bottle/working vs. SAHM debates. No, to be honest, I’m kind of glad I avoided these b/c I don’t think I’m emotionally stable enough to have my box repetitively filled with hate mail.
5. Creative ideas to do with your kids over the summer months. Sure, I have great ideas too–like playing Who Can Stay Quiet the Longest and Surprising Daddy with a Visit on His Lunch Break So Mommy can Take a Quick Nap in the Minivan, but at this point, summer is basically over and everyone’s to-do lists are now so long they would need 65 years of summers to complete them.
6. How my life has changed since having kids. Oh wait, I already posted on that–like, every day of this blog’s existence for example…
7. The Blogiversary Post, in which I toast myself for blogging for one (or two or three or more if you’re really cool) year(s). Oh wait again–I will definitely be doing this one. So it’s coming, dear readers. Count down the days until October 12 in all your spare time, because heck, I’m proud of myself and also really want to use my “free” idea for a post 😉
You know as soon as I hit publish I’m going to think of a million other overdone posts and start kicking myself–tell me what I’m missing!